Red lever of hydraulics persistence?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Japo32
Senior Airman

Red lever of hydraulics persistence?

Post by Japo32 »

Hello!

Is the red lever in the central panel persistance in position? Yesterday I remember I pull it to remove the little ammount of hydraulic pressure and today loading it, it appeared on.
If not, could you please update in future to make it preserved between flights?

Thanks!

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Red lever of hydraulics persistence?

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I use FSX and is not persistent. I have a home made panel I use for the fuel cut off and hydraulic reservoir release, so every time I start LIMDA she will kindly update positions of my switches and voila fuel cut goes off and the red lever goes out.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

I think that these are limitations of the sim platform (FSX or P3D) and A2A has implemented the cold & dark option in shift +3 menu. You also can set auto C&D, so everytime you load the plane, the switches and levers will be set to their positions which are correct for an parked airplane.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Japo32
Senior Airman

Post by Japo32 »

Other switches and levers are persistent.. so they are the same position as I leave them last flight.
I like that feature and not an autoposition to cold and dark perfect situation, because in real life, switches remain in the position you left them, so you can make a mistake and have a catastrofic flight.
I suppose they forgot to put that one persistent.. so if possible I would like to see that feature and consequences in you don't pull the lever (or other buttons and switches as they should be at end of flight.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

In the shift+3 2d panel, in the middle towards the bottom there is a selection for “Auto Cold and Dark” select that to “On” and both fuel and hydraulic selectors are put in the off position and will always load they way until you select “Auto Cold and Dark” to “Off”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Japo32
Senior Airman

Post by Japo32 »

I think I am explaining bad. Sorry about my english.
I don't want to produce a perfect C&D situation everytime I load the plane. I want to reflect the mistakes I make in previously flights after shutting off the plane in all the buttons and switches positions of the plane.
Why? because that may produce failures... that are not good in real life for sure, but are great to treat with them in simulation when you don't have programmed them before (so you don't know what exactly is happening and you have to deal with it).
A perfect C&D loading makes not human errors, and A2A as they say in their bonanza video don't like to make digital works, but human-analogic works.

And, yes.. the hydraulics lever is not persistance in time between flights (and I would say that the carburator air control neigther, I think)

Thanks.

Japo32
Senior Airman

Post by Japo32 »

After flying the plane, I saw that it is not only those levers. Also some switches as Nav light, don't remain in the previous flight position. I hope that A2A will add this feature in future. It is a shame they re-programmed all and didn't add this features other modern planes has.. but this is a new release with new price to pay again, with the exact features that I had in FSX and P3D previous to v4, but now it "only" loads into 64bits (Thanks for that)

Thanks.

Japo32
Senior Airman

Post by Japo32 »

I see no devs reply to this... so I suppose they are not having plans to modify anything of the plane. It is good to have it in P3Dv4, but it was not good to pay again for the same product.
Just because you had to re-program again, you could at least make these things better, and not leave them as they where in FSX (still the landing gear tires are reflective???). I would loved to see new features in the best plane A2A has (not in systems) in my opinion, but I see this is (for now) just a "release to make it alive in 64bits" only.
Of course each company has its ways of doing things.. but I think I won't buy anything more until I see some love to the older products.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Japo32,

Sorry about the slow response. Once we've finished the next block or two of updates for the Accu-Sim Bonanza, we may be able to look into reviewing this kind of functionality for the P-51. However, obviously it's also necessary to strike a balance between continuing to revise features of older products and developing new ones.

Having said that, we would like to add features such as the new cockpit rain effects to aircraft like the P3Dv4 Mustang at some stage. No firm timescale at the moment, but it's on the 'to do' list.

Thanks,
Nick

Japo32
Senior Airman

Post by Japo32 »

Thanks for the reply.
Of course I understand that new projects should have new features to catch people to buy them instead old ones... Something that I hope in a period of time would (those features) to be applied to older planes, specially if they are redone for p3dv4.
What I don't understand is those little issues that the plane had in FSX that still have in P3Dv4. I am not talking about "new" features not implemented in "new" civil planes as walkaround, but persistance saving of all switches, that I think won't make any user to not buy a new product, because the old ones already has that little feature.
I was saying it was the same plane as FSX, and that is not totally true. It has the 3D lights in the cockpit and that is fine, but I hope you give more love to the old ones. Specially when you have redone the programming again, so you are fresh in all the logics of it.

Thanks.

Japo32
Senior Airman

Post by Japo32 »

I think there is a bug here. None of the switches remain in the position I left previous flight, where in FSX they did. All are as Cold and dark... but I have deactivated the auto-cold and dark feature....

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

please remember some settings come from your default flight.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”