P-51 Civilian - Accusim

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MrFlight107
Airman Basic

P-51 Civilian - Accusim

Post by MrFlight107 »

Hello,

Just purchased my P51 today, and clearly going thru some growing pains with her. But wondering,, is AccuSim automatically installed during initial installation, or just the aircraft itself? Also, can AccuSim be disabled while I go thru the learning process.
I've fully drained my battery once already, and just destroyed a prop on a spin out. (Sigh)

Thanks,
Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P-51 Civilian - Accusim

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Mike and welcome to the A2A forums.

So that we can best answer your questions, please can you let us know which base simulator you've purchased the P-51 for: FSX or P3Dv4?

Thanks,
Nick

MrFlight107
Airman Basic

Post by MrFlight107 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Mike and welcome to the A2A forums.

So that we can best answer your questions, please can you let us know which base simulator you've purchased the P-51 for: FSX or P3Dv4?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,,

Running P51 Civilian for P3Dv4.

And, gee,,, this thing is sure hard to start <g> Also, whenever I pull the stick back to lock the tail wheel, I keep getting sparks from constant tail strikes. ??

Mike

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

For the the record, you don’t have to pull the stick full back. Aft of neutral is fine.
ImageImage
ImageImage

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Welcome to the forums Mike and congratulations on your purchase of the mighty Mustang.
MrFlight107 wrote: Just purchased my P51 today, and clearly going thru some growing pains with her.
She is a handful Mike. Stick with it and she will become a favorite.
MrFlight107 wrote: But wondering,, is AccuSim automatically installed during initial installation, or just the aircraft itself?
In P3Dv4.x it is installed automatically.
MrFlight107 wrote: Also, can AccuSim be disabled while I go thru the learning process.
To my knowledge it cannot be disabled. What's more, it should not! :mrgreen:
MrFlight107 wrote: I've fully drained my battery once already, and just destroyed a prop on a spin out. (Sigh)
The manual mentions 3-4 seconds of primer in cold weather and 1-2 seconds in warm weather. This is very critical. She will flood very easily. I have heard several different methods of starting the Mustang. What works for me, in weather >12C , is 1-1.5 seconds of primer, throttle about 14%, count 6 blades, mags to both, if she doesn't kick right away "tickle" primer in very short (1/8 second) bursts, mixture to Run after she fires. It may take several tickles but she will usually start in this manor.

Keep a watchful eye on the maintenance hanger. Don't forget to 'Check Engine' and while in there do a compression check. Rebuild your cylinders as needed. She will run on low compression and even on extremely uneven pressures across the cylinders but she will be hard to start and will run pretty rough.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

MrFlight107
Airman Basic

Post by MrFlight107 »

WB_FlashOver wrote:Welcome to the forums Mike and congratulations on your purchase of the mighty Mustang.
MrFlight107 wrote: Just purchased my P51 today, and clearly going thru some growing pains with her.
Hello Again,

Things are moving along, although slowly, as starting the P51 up is still a challenge. I've had to use AutoStart a couple times to get the a/c up in the air, but I'd still like to get the start process locked in. If I may, I've read the manual, and it refers to the 'fuel booster pump' in a couple areas. But I just can't seem to locate it, even after reviewing the manual. Any help on where this pump switch might be located in the civilian version?

Also, is there a 'default' Engine RPM setting that most use when in cruise flight? Just trying to learn what the 'correct' setting might be.

Thanks Again,
Mike

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

P-51 Civilian - Accusim

Post by Jacques »

MrFlight107 wrote:
WB_FlashOver wrote:Welcome to the forums Mike and congratulations on your purchase of the mighty Mustang.
Hello Again,

Things are moving along, although slowly, as starting the P51 up is still a challenge. I've had to use AutoStart a couple times to get the a/c up in the air, but I'd still like to get the start process locked in. If I may, I've read the manual, and it refers to the 'fuel booster pump' in a couple areas. But I just can't seem to locate it, even after reviewing the manual. Any help on where this pump switch might be located in the civilian version?

Also, is there a 'default' Engine RPM setting that most use when in cruise flight? Just trying to learn what the 'correct' setting might be.

Thanks Again,
Mike
Hi Mike,

The lower left side of the main instrument panel is a switch labeled “Fuel Boost”, flip that up to activate, you should here a sound associated with it. You can also check the fuel pressure gauge ( its a triple gauge with fuel pressure being on the right side) on the lower right of the main panel to verify you are getting pressure. Its realistic, so the rise in pressure takes a few seconds.

Be sure to select the fuel cutoff valve to “open”, which is located to the front and left of the stick, right next to the fuel selector valve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrFlight107
Airman Basic

Post by MrFlight107 »

Hi Jacques,

Gee, for the life of me, I thought that switch was titled simply 'Fuel Pump'. Upon closer inspection, it is the Fuel Boost. <Blush>

Well, flipped that switch ->ON, pushed my throttle up to 22%, and now I can get the P51 started pretty consistently. Yes!

Thanks for you help on that. BTW, what do you use as your Engine RPM setting when in cruise flight?

Mike

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Sorry, I did forget to answer that part! I have the military version, but I’m fairly certain they are valid for yours as well:

Cruise: 30”-43” of manifold pressure and 1800-2400 on the RPM.

Climb or Max continuous is 46” at 2700 RPM

Takeoff is 61” at 3000 RPM, reduced after 500 feet.

I often takeoff with figures below the recommended since I’m not carrying stores!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”