P-51 Canopy Won't Stay Open

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gpbarth
Airman First Class

P-51 Canopy Won't Stay Open

Post by gpbarth »

Been away for awhile, and just started refamiliarizing myself with the Mustang. Great flying, but one small issue: when I ckick on the crank to open the canopy, it slides open and then slams shut again. Can't get it to stay open. Did a search and can't seems to find any answers.

Got help? :?:

-= Gary =-
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: P-51 Canopy Won't Stay Open

Post by DHenriques_ »

gpbarth wrote:Been away for awhile, and just started refamiliarizing myself with the Mustang. Great flying, but one small issue: when I ckick on the crank to open the canopy, it slides open and then slams shut again. Can't get it to stay open. Did a search and can't seems to find any answers.

Got help? :?:

-= Gary =-
Are you by any chance near a fuel island in FSX when this happens? If so it's a known bug in FSX. Not sure there is a fix for it. What I have always done is simply leave the canopy alone when fueling. You can always park outside the fuel trigger area. The plane has to be in the fuel trigger area for this to occur.
Dudley Henriques

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes I'd be with Dudley and wager you are near one of the refuel spots which is why the sim slams doors and cockpits shut for some reason. Its a well known FSX/P3D feature/bug. Move away from the refuel spot and all will be ok.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

gpbarth
Airman First Class

Post by gpbarth »

Thanks, guys! I very well may have been near the fuel stand at KABE, come to think of it. Not near the sim right now, but I'll check it out and let you know.
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”