P-51 military pretty much unflyable in P3D v4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Bonesie85
Airman

P-51 military pretty much unflyable in P3D v4

Post by Bonesie85 »

Ever since flying the P-51 on P3D v4 I seem to be having issues with it, flying wise. When going down the runway it's pretty much impossible to keep it straight, even at full rudder. When I finally get it to go airborne, flying straight and level is okay. Cornering however, is not. Any sort of slight cornering will send the plane into an unrecoverable spin. I have my realism settings as recommended in the manual. The only way for me to counter this problem, is by turning down the torque, p-factor and gyro in realism settings completely, which I don't really want to do since I love A2A for their realistic aircraft.

I never used to have these problems in P3D v3 or FSX, these have only started since P3D v4. I'm sure it's pretty much something I'm doing wrong, I just can't seem to figure out what it is.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P-51 military pretty much unflyable in P3D v4

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

just to check you are using the P-51 Mustang simulation for Prepar3d and not porting an old version over?

Also can you please check you are all updated, if using the P3D product under your start menu is the A2A Simulations area which has the product updater for your P-51.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bonesie85
Airman

Post by Bonesie85 »

Hi Lewis,

Yes I'm using the version of the P-51 specifically for prepar3d v4 and yes, the product is up to date.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Hello Bonesie85,
Do you have custom paints installed? I had a issue quite similar to yours. This is a long shot but if you do have custom skins try removing the aircraft.cfg sections for all but stock A2A skins. See if that makes a difference. For me it was something about the FSX sections in the aircraft.cfg file that were messing with rudder control, i.e. no rudder control at all while on ground. I don't recall there being an issue once I was airborne. I ended up having to play with the sections to find out what was causing it. I did finally get it sorted but never discovered the exact wrong entries. I attributed it to special characters like ( ' ) or ( - ) or maybe ( " ) but was never sure.

I have also had FSUIPC get dorked up in certain plane sections. Removing the P51 section from FSUIPC.ini and rebuilding the controls could help... That is if you use FSUIPC.

Good luck getting this wonderful pony cruising the virtual skies again.

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

MIK83
Airman Basic

Post by MIK83 »

Hey Guys,

I purchased the P51D Military for P3Dv4 yesterday, installed it in the same directory as Accu Feel outside the P3D root directory in the recommended Add-on Folder.

I encounter the same weird flying characteristics as described above and would like to add some other intersting issues as well. For example.

After loading a flight with the mustang everything seems fine for 3 seconds, then either the left or right main gear decides to move up an the aircraft crashes on the wing, while the flaps extend.

Once in a while I manage to setup a flight whithout crashing (no idea why it works) and can make it till the runway. as soon as I apply throttle carefully, the airplane does no longer take to much rudder, since the ailerons are turning the airplane to roll right on the sudden and I crash when rotating even at a 100+ speeds.

If I choose a flight whith the plane in the air, it starts rolling to the right due to full aileron input immediatly (while the joystick is completely centered. Joystick is a logitech extreme 3d pro),

Uninstalled everything (Accu Feel and the Mustang) and removed the left-over files. Reinstalled everthing, completley updated to the latest versions -> Same troubles as before. I have read a lot around here trying the solutions with countertrim, adjusted fuel loads.etc. nothing seems to work. Since I am into flight simming since around 20 years and flying RC planes as well I have had many interesting situations, but this one is something special and obviously not caused by intended human error from my side.

All my other planes run perfectly fine, by the way.

I am wondering if there is a solution for this, because for a 80 Dollar purchase this is somehow annoying?

Best, Christoph

Here are my system specs and addons that I run beside the Mustang:

Intel i9-9900K 3,6Ghz not overclocked
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia Geforce 2080Ti
Samsung SSD 970 EVo Plus 1TB

running P3Dv4.5 I use the following Addons:

Rex Sky Force 3D
PTA
Flugwerk Austria Professional HD East and West
A2A AccuFeel
Real Air Spitfire
Aircraft Factory Albatros DIII
ORBX (Global Base Pack, Open LC Mesh South America, Iceland, Rügen Airport, Rinteln Airport, Jan Mayensfield, Laufenselden Airfield, Asiago Airport, Saanen Airport, Nanaimo Water Aerodrome, Bowerman Airport, Yosemite National Park, Tasmania, Emo Mission, Launceston Airport)
--- Happy Flying ---

Intel i9-9900K 3.6Ghz not overclocked - 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 RAM - Nvidia Geforce 2080Ti - Samsung SSD 970 EVo Plus 1TB
P3Dv4.5 - PTA - A2A AccuFeel - Rex SkyForce3D

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

MIK83 wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 06:45 Hey Guys,

I purchased the P51D Military for P3Dv4 yesterday, installed it in the same directory as Accu Feel outside the P3D root directory in the recommended Add-on Folder.

I encounter the same weird flying characteristics as described above and would like to add some other intersting issues as well. For example.

After loading a flight with the mustang everything seems fine for 3 seconds, then either the left or right main gear decides to move up an the aircraft crashes on the wing, while the flaps extend.

Once in a while I manage to setup a flight whithout crashing (no idea why it works) and can make it till the runway. as soon as I apply throttle carefully, the airplane does no longer take to much rudder, since the ailerons are turning the airplane to roll right on the sudden and I crash when rotating even at a 100+ speeds.

If I choose a flight whith the plane in the air, it starts rolling to the right due to full aileron input immediatly (while the joystick is completely centered. Joystick is a logitech extreme 3d pro),

Uninstalled everything (Accu Feel and the Mustang) and removed the left-over files. Reinstalled everthing, completley updated to the latest versions -> Same troubles as before. I have read a lot around here trying the solutions with countertrim, adjusted fuel loads.etc. nothing seems to work. Since I am into flight simming since around 20 years and flying RC planes as well I have had many interesting situations, but this one is something special and obviously not caused by intended human error from my side.

All my other planes run perfectly fine, by the way.

I am wondering if there is a solution for this, because for a 80 Dollar purchase this is somehow annoying?

Best, Christoph

Here are my system specs and addons that I run beside the Mustang:

Intel i9-9900K 3,6Ghz not overclocked
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia Geforce 2080Ti
Samsung SSD 970 EVo Plus 1TB

running P3Dv4.5 I use the following Addons:

Rex Sky Force 3D
PTA
Flugwerk Austria Professional HD East and West
A2A AccuFeel
Real Air Spitfire
Aircraft Factory Albatros DIII
ORBX (Global Base Pack, Open LC Mesh South America, Iceland, Rügen Airport, Rinteln Airport, Jan Mayensfield, Laufenselden Airfield, Asiago Airport, Saanen Airport, Nanaimo Water Aerodrome, Bowerman Airport, Yosemite National Park, Tasmania, Emo Mission, Launceston Airport)
The gear collapse thing is abnormal but the crashing on takeoff might be because you are rotating at too slow a speed I will normally rotate at 150mph give or take and it doesn't want to roll as much but you can still feel it wants to.
AKA "Memey"

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Christoph - welcome to the A2A forums and thanks for posting with detailed info.

Just to start with the basics, have you made sure the aircraft is fit for flight in the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) and doesn't have multiple broken components shown in red? If it does, this can either be the result of crashing the aircraft in the sim, or of faulty initialisation of the aircraft by SimConnect. The former is the result of the persistent damage model; the latter can have different causes, but saving a complex add-on for the default P3D scenario can sometimes have this effect.

Also, when the aircraft is parked, have you verified that all the control surfaces move fully and freely as they should?

Finally, when you installed the P-51 was your PC connected to the internet and did the installer download the latest updates?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MIK83
Airman Basic

Post by MIK83 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 10:42 Hi Christoph - welcome to the A2A forums and thanks for posting with detailed info.

Just to start with the basics, have you made sure the aircraft is fit for flight in the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) and doesn't have multiple broken components shown in red? If it does, this can either be the result of crashing the aircraft in the sim, or of faulty initialisation of the aircraft by SimConnect. The former is the result of the persistent damage model; the latter can have different causes, but saving a complex add-on for the default P3D scenario can sometimes have this effect.

Also, when the aircraft is parked, have you verified that all the control surfaces move fully and freely as they should?

Finally, when you installed the P-51 was your PC connected to the internet and did the installer download the latest updates?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

thank you very much, the control surfaces are now moving freely as they should, since I was following your instructions. Using the Shift 7-Key I saw that nearly all systems needed maintenance (also the gear was somehow damaged most probably causing the collapse). No idea why all the systems were damaged, but since maintenance was done, the horse is rideable :-). Still a bit wild, but I will get used to. Also I can understand now why everyone is so happy with that plane, it's a joy once in the air. A lot of things to learn and read here on the forums, but it is fun already.

The latest updates have been applied before so this could not have been causing the issues.

@ HE11DUDE04: The tip with rotating at higher speeds was useful too, but going a bit slower was definitely not the cause of crashing, since also the ailerons needed maintenance as well and were causing the rolling right after lift off.

Big thanks to both of you for giving me these useful information so instantly. I am happy to be able to fly this bird now.

Best, Christoph
--- Happy Flying ---

Intel i9-9900K 3.6Ghz not overclocked - 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 RAM - Nvidia Geforce 2080Ti - Samsung SSD 970 EVo Plus 1TB
P3Dv4.5 - PTA - A2A AccuFeel - Rex SkyForce3D

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”