Graphics problem after new download

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cpfeiffer
Airman Basic

Graphics problem after new download

Post by cpfeiffer »

I got the civilan mustang a year ago and it worked fine. My drive crashed last week, so after repairs, I re-downloaded the aircraft. Now, there is a weird black object just inside the canopy on the left, and multiple black streaks inside the cockpit. It flies fine. Don't know if I should reinstall or if it is something else. I have a screenshot, but didn't see how to attach it (not a frequent forum user).
Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Graphics problem after new download

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello cpfeiffer and welcome.

The screenshot you took may certainly help with troubleshooting the issue. There are some tips on attaching screenshots here; basically, you'll need to upload to a third-party file hosting site and post a link.

If you can also let us know exactly which host sim you're using it'll be helpful too. I'm guessing FSX in some form, but if you can let us know exactly which version that would be great.

Thanks,
Nick

cpfeiffer
Airman Basic

Post by cpfeiffer »

I am using FSX, Steam Edition. I was using it before as well, but reinstalled it after my drive was replaced. Besides the P-51, I have only looked at the default Cessna 172 so far, but it looks OK. Here is the screenshot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BnnYhE ... sp=sharing

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for sharing the pic cpfeiffer (I edited your post slightly so that it shows as a clickable link as Google drive images don't seem to support embedding easily).

The problem here is simply that your viewpoint has been shifted well backwards so that it's behind the pilot's seat headrest. That "weird black object" is the fuel gauge for the fuselage tank which is mounted next to the headrest and intended to be viewed from the other direction. The semicircles are part of the curved bracing strut behind the seat.

Do you use any add-on camera software to modify your cockpit views?

Thanks,
Nick

cpfeiffer
Airman Basic

Post by cpfeiffer »

Thank you, Nick. I see now what happened. I had to re-assign buttons used to "zoom" on my Hotas4, and assigned eyepoint movement rather than increase/decrease selection. Corrected this and works like normal now. No add-on software. Thanks again, and I'll use dropbox if I need to post screenshots in the future.
Craig

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Craig and good to hear the issue is resolved. Hope you enjoy flying P-51. :)

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”