Cessna 182 repaint request

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
andresico
Airman

Cessna 182 repaint request

Post by andresico »

Hi Painters.

I really like the A2A Cessna 182. The best flightsim 182 ever IMHO and a joy to fly.
But I have one problem: I dont like any of the default painschemes (I hope I dont offend anyone now)
I dont like all these weird lines in modern repaints. Just my taste.

So if someone could make a more oldschool thing like this one, I´ll like the aircraft even more than I do. I dont need different interior paints. I like the default ones. Very elegant and quiet.
It could be deep red or something else as well. Just more classical.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Re: Cessna 182 repaint request

Post by Al FR-153 »

Just finished up two classic paints, might as well 'sign up' for the third. Since you are not fussy about the color, I can do about any that you might want. What is your favorite color(s) and do you have any allegiance to a particular tail number? I can do the scheme in the photo as is, but just thought that I would offer other colors.

Here are two that I recently finished:

Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

andresico
Airman

Post by andresico »

Thanks for your grand offer.
I actually like the one with two blue colors on the photo I posted. Just the way it is. Very classical. And if possible, with danish registrations OY-NIM It doesnt exist so we are not going to offend anyone :roll:

I had a looked earlyer today in another thread at that red and white C172 with gold stripes of yours. I like it a lot. Can I download it somewhere?

Thanks

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Two tone blue on white it is then..... And yes, with OY-NIM registration.

As for the 172 paint job in red and gold, do you mean this one?

If so, I have the files and would want to make sure a couple of things were done first, but yes, you are welcome to it. Would you like a different registration on it as well? This was one that I did up for my own use, thus my tail number and the fox head on the VStab. I seem to remember that it was before I was removing some functions that caused the sharpness to go down and I can go in and verify that it is clean, if this is the one you want. BTW.....N153FR does not exist either. I have it on all my personal aircraft, regardless of the paint scheme. It goes back to the creation of virtual Fox River Helicopters, Scenery Design, Paint Shop, etc. What is still left of the group still flies multi-player together twice a week, and we still enjoy it. So, the N153FR and the scenery for Fox River Paint Shops is still alive.
Al Heline

andresico
Airman

Post by andresico »

Thats great news.. OY is Denmark and Nim is the nickname of one of my dogs, Nimbus. And thats what I yell at him very often: oye... Nim. :) :) (oye is spanish for listen or pay atention)

The C172 repaint in white and red with gold stripes I asked about is the top picture you posted in this thread. The one you made as a request for a member who´s uncle has it. N5039H

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Okay.... As soon as I finish the blue on blue, I'll get Nimbus his own plane. BTW, what kind of puppy is Numbus?

For info. We no longer have a don, I have had 3. However, every puppy dog in the neighborhood knows where they can get a Milkbone (cookie) I have them in the car, and if I am in the yard working, I have one or two with me. I refer to them as my 'Big Dog Protection Plan' Not one of them would bite me, but a few are good size. One an English Sheepdog, one German Shepherd, one Lab mix, and one Malamute just moved away.
Al Heline

andresico
Airman

Post by andresico »

Nimbus is not exactly a puppy. He´s an 11 year old westy. Small, but very powerfull.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Andre.....

This is for Nimbus:

And, this is yours:

The file set can be downloaded from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3inuwvs59bcu ... M.zip?dl=0

Unzip the file set to your A2A C182T folder and then cut and paste the aircraft.cfg info to your C182T aircraft.cfg file following the instructions in the text file.

Enjoy. I'll work on the 172 reg. number change shortly.

Al

P.S. Tell Nimbus, I'm sorry but this is a virtual world. I would present the Milkbone in reality, but it's a little too far to reach. :lol:
Al Heline

andresico
Airman

Post by andresico »

wow, that was fast...
And very nice. I´m downloading now. I will come back when oy-nim has been in the air for the first time.

andresico
Airman

Post by andresico »

Again, thanks a million. I really think you nailed this one. Its beautifull.
I know the paint scheme is nothing special. Its a classical that lets the lines of the aircraft shine through and thats what I like. :D

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

You're welcome Andre. Enjoy her and don't forget to give Nimbus his/her virtual Milkbone. (My big dog protection program)..... :lol: Don't know if you have them over there, but Milkbones are a dog treat here in the States. They come in a couple different sizes, I buy the big ones, they make even little dogs happy, maybe even happier.
Al Heline

NZ777
Airman Basic

Post by NZ777 »

Someone please ZK-JRY for C182....ive been dying for some more NZ repaints
Thx in advance
Last edited by NZ777 on 22 Sep 2018, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

NZ777 wrote:Image

Someone please ZK-JRY for C182....ive been dying for some more NZ repaints
Thx in advance
NZ777..........I am currently in the midst of a project but have done a paint very close to ZK-JRY and will do her when this project is finished (about a week). Found a couple pictures of her on the internet in a red and white configuration and will use that as the basis of the paint, unless you can direct me to some photos more recent.

Al
Al Heline

NZ777
Airman Basic

Post by NZ777 »

Cheers
Al FR-153
.... heres a few more that might help
The only major detail of the aircraft is the Aeroclub logo on the left side of the front cowling which is at the top of the first image, plus all the "Cessna" and "skylane" stuff on the tail

Cheers once again :D

new reply

Return to “Repainters”