Aircraft.cfg Woes - Acceptable Entries?

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Aircraft.cfg Woes - Acceptable Entries?

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Hello community,
I just purchased the P-51 Civ for P3Dv4. I installed my aircraft over from FSX but have had some trouble with the Aircraft.cfg file.

Are there rules for adding aircraft entries in P3Dv4? I have come to the conclusion that the trouble may be the use of apostrophes in my text entries but I don't know for sure. I believe I have it working now but time will tell.

My issue is that if I copy the text entries over from FSX to P3Dv4 my plane flies just fine but I have no rudder steering while the tail wheel is on the ground. If I get the text entries just right (which I think I might have it now) the plane flies perfect and is a joy. Like I said I think I have it narrowed down to apostrophes.

Below is what I have now along with what I have tried. It would be nice to know if there are rules for aircraft text entries in P3Dv4 that one must follow.

[fltsim.3]
title=P-51D Civilian FIRE DANCER // tried apostrophes on 'FIRE DANCER'. Positive results with none.
sim=p51d
model=civ
panel=
sound=
texture=WB43V
kb_checklists=P-51D_check
kb_reference=P-51D_ref
atc_id=WB43V
atc_airline=Air Force
atc_type=North American
atc_model=P51
atc_flight_number=
atc_heavy=0
ui_manufacturer=51st 'FlashOver' // tried with and without apostrophes. Results were spotty. Working now with them.
ui_type=P-51D Mustang Civilian
ui_variation='FIRE DANCER' // tried with and without apostrophes. Result were spotty. Working now with them.
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="51st Warbirds"
description=Warbirds Colonel FlashOver. Personal aircraft 'Fire Dancer'.
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
prop_anim_ratio=1.02
visual_damage=0

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Re: Aircraft.cfg Woes - Acceptable Entries?

Post by WB_FlashOver »

I am still curious about this. Maybe it is not the apostrophes that are causing my issue but there is something about the aircraft.cfg that was causing this. Are apostrophes or other characters in the aircraft.cfg recognized as coding characters that could cause other sections of the file to be misread?

For instance, one of my add-on aircraft had < title=P-51D Civilian 'Howlin' Stalion' >

Would three apostrophes be like an open bracket ({) without a closing bracket (}) and cause issues farther down in the file?

Thanks
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

new reply

Return to “Repainters”