Do You Run a Wide Screen Monitor?

Buddye
BDG

Do You Run a Wide Screen Monitor?

Post by Buddye »

First, set you "windows" resolution (in windows) to your monitors native resolution.

Second, because you have a Wide Screen Monitor try in game setting of resolution:

Set in options->GFX use Windows Desktop Resolution (Recommended)=OFF

Then manually select the resolution (in game) as close as possible to your monitors native resolution from the pull down list of resolution options.

Also BOBII requires a screen print size of 96. If you have change your DPI to a higher number (example 120 DPI or medium) then BOBII will crash to disk on a Menu Screen. To change your DPI to 96 in windows7 in desktop right click. Select screen Resolution and at the bottom click on "Make Text or Other Items larger or smaller". Then select smaller 100% (default).
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Hylander_1715
Technical Sergeant

Re: Do You Run a Wide Screen Monitor?

Post by Hylander_1715 »

Buddye,

I also found with my widescreen that the menu screens looked odd, and this was due to windows setting the default DPI (font size) to 125. I had to go into the Control Panel, and open the Personalization window, and to the left there is the option for changing it, click on it to open it and check what your settings are. I returned mine to 96 like my old CRT monitor used, and all has been well since.
Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Prem. SP1
nForce 780i mobo
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU QX9650 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
FSB 1333
8096MB OCZ SLI Ready RAM
DirectX 10
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512 x 2 in SLi
Realtek HD Audio 7.1

Ragnar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ragnar »

Buddye
tried following your recommendtion to improve screen picture but when setting the use windows resolutions to off and entering my Acer 2223w native screen resolution to 1680x1050 (32bit) lose all control of my MS FF2 joystick,I even have trouble Alt-Xing to get out and back to the main screen.
On reverting back to windows resolution on control returns.
Any suggestions?
How many hours do you have in Spits Simon?...10 1/2 sir!....Well you better make it 11 before jerry has you for breakfast!!

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Ragnar wrote:Buddye
tried following your recommendtion to improve screen picture but when setting the use windows resolutions to off and entering my Acer 2223w native screen resolution to 1680x1050 (32bit) lose all control of my MS FF2 joystick,I even have trouble Alt-Xing to get out and back to the main screen.
On reverting back to windows resolution on control returns.
Any suggestions?
You are running Vista. Correct? If you are running Vista:

Try the following:

Right click on the launcher ie. shortcut and go to properties.. Go to the compatibility tab. Check the disable desktop composition and check the privilege level, run this program as an administrator...

You also may want to check out the Vista thread here for tips and fixes from Vista users (I have XP, sorry):

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=7937
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Ragnar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ragnar »

Yep' Vista is is.....thanks for the quick reply. will give'er a go!!
How many hours do you have in Spits Simon?...10 1/2 sir!....Well you better make it 11 before jerry has you for breakfast!!

Ragnar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ragnar »

That did the trick! did the lone bomber intercept and the flak about made me jump out'a my seat.....love it!!
Now seeing as i had to reinstall BoB2 after getting my new rig need to go get some of Stickman's updates. :D
I did just d/l the the 2.09 patch and of course that went well.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Ragnar wrote:That did the trick! did the lone bomber intercept and the flak about made me jump out'a my seat.....love it!!
Now seeing as i had to reinstall BoB2 after getting my new rig need to go get some of Stickman's updates. :D
I did just d/l the the 2.09 patch and of course that went well.
Super news, thanks for posting so I know. Getting too old to worry.............. :D
Buddye

philip.ed
Staff Sergeant

Post by philip.ed »

When I set the game to run at 1600X900, it runs well but the mouse pointer shows up which is annoying :? Anyone know how to get rif of it? It doesn't come up when I select Windows Desktop Resolution (Recommended)=ON

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

philip.ed wrote:When I set the game to run at 1600X900, it runs well but the mouse pointer shows up which is annoying :? Anyone know how to get rif of it? It doesn't come up when I select Windows Desktop Resolution (Recommended)=ON
Try the fix in Note #6 on the Release notes, if you are running Vista:

Note6: Windows Vista users. All Vista users will need to apply the 'Vista fix' to your desktop shortcut as a 2.10 overwrites previous shortcuts.
Right click on shortcut and go to properties. Go to the compatibility tab. Check "disable desktop composition" and check the privilege level, run this program as an administrator.
Buddye

philip.ed
Staff Sergeant

Post by philip.ed »

Buddye, firstly thanks for the quick reply ;)

I have tried that fix, however it doesn't allow me to check the box to run as admin :? I am using the only user account on my laptop, so I'm not sure why...? Any thoughts?

philip.ed
Staff Sergeant

Post by philip.ed »

OK, played around with vista, and was given the option to run as admin. Works a dream now! Really beautiful :D

philip.ed
Staff Sergeant

Post by philip.ed »

S! all ;) firstly, sorry for this triple post but this attracts more attention to the topic.

I have been testing out resolutions, and have found that the sim looks a beaut on 1600 by 900, but I get lower frame rates. I would like to play it on 1280 by 720, but I don't have the option in campaign resolution to select this, and when I play I can see the mouse pointer again :? Any thoughts?

cgjimeneza
Senior Airman

Post by cgjimeneza »

will probably go out and get a 22" wide screen AOC LCD monitor
wish me luck...
Carlos Jimenez

cgjimeneza
Senior Airman

Post by cgjimeneza »

bought a 22 incher.

looks beaut at 1600 x 900 in desktop.

will try to get the simulation screen and make it look better, right now it looks a bit like 1280 x 1024 but grainier... will report more tomorrow...

I have a GeForce 9400GT with 1024 RAM, xp pro sp2, 4 gigs ram a a dual core.

EDIT: game now at 1600 x 920 red gunsight oval instead of round...
Last edited by cgjimeneza on 23 Mar 2010, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
Carlos Jimenez

cgjimeneza
Senior Airman

Post by cgjimeneza »

how do I change my red cheat gunsight (F8) from the current oval to the usual circle?

thanks
Carlos Jimenez

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”