Track IR in BOB2 - tutorial (UPDATED)

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
Baza
BDG

Re: Track IR in BOB2 - tutorial (UPDATED)

Post by Baza »

OldnSlow,

PM me your email address and I'll send you the file.
Barry

ASUS P5N32-E-SLI; Core2 Extreme QX6850(3GHz, 1333MHz FSB); 2xNVIDIA 8800 Ultra 768MB SLI; 2GB RAM PC6400 DDR2/800; Vista SP2; DX10; TIR5; mod MSFF2; Saitek Pro Flight - Quadrant, Pedals & Headset; TFS2; VAC; Dell 30"(2560x1600@60 hz)

OldnSlow
Airman Basic

Post by OldnSlow »

Baza,

Works well, cheers :D

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi Baza,

Email me the SeaVee's TrackIR4 profile and I will upload it for everyone.

I sent you a PM with my email address.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Here is SeaVee New TrackIR4 profile, thanks to Baza (this link should stay active):

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/bob ... rofile.rar
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Itkovian
Staff Sergeant

Post by Itkovian »

I should be getting TrackIR5 in a couple of months. Looking forward to trying BoB2 with it. :)

Itkovian

Baza
BDG

Post by Baza »

I've got TIR5 and find it an improvement on TIR4 - much more stable - I'm sure you'll love it Itkovian.

I'm not sure where NaturalPoint are with this, but intially TIR5 wouldn't accept TIR4 profiles, so SeaVee's excellent profile can't be used.

I did ask in another thread, but didn't get any replies, if someone could take and post a screenshot of SeaVee's profile in the TIR profiling software so I can reproduce it for 5 - I would still be very greatful if someone would do that :)

EDIT: Answer to my question by Vincent on the NaturalPoint TIR5 forum:

'Yes, you can copy them over from the TrackIR 4 software, to the TrackIR 5 software.

They will act a little different as the way profiles are done, within IR5 is slightly different than IR4, but they should work just fine.'

EDIT2: I'm now successfully using SeaVee's profile with TIR5.
Barry

ASUS P5N32-E-SLI; Core2 Extreme QX6850(3GHz, 1333MHz FSB); 2xNVIDIA 8800 Ultra 768MB SLI; 2GB RAM PC6400 DDR2/800; Vista SP2; DX10; TIR5; mod MSFF2; Saitek Pro Flight - Quadrant, Pedals & Headset; TFS2; VAC; Dell 30"(2560x1600@60 hz)

Itkovian
Staff Sergeant

Post by Itkovian »

I got TrackIR 5 last week, and withough doing any of the tweaking in this thread I already love it. It`s absolutely revolutionized my enjoyment of the game. Beyond any other sim, TrackIR truly lets you _be_ the pilot in this game.

No more padlocking, I just turn my head and keep my eyeballs on target the way real pilots did it, and it feels awesome.

I`ve even had my neck hurt one trying to keep a lookout for an enemy flight while holding formation (good thing I did, spotted a gaggle of 109s as we were being bounced *grin*). :)

Right now though I can`t do any zooming in or leaning my head out of the cocking with track IR (only the pitch and yaw and roll axes are working), but I imagine doing what the OP prescribes will help. Also the roll axis was reversed and I had to fix that in my profile - if you`ve never had that happen to you before, try it out, sorting out which way to roll my head to straighten out almost broke my brain. :D

Also, just one question: what is Vector Expansion anyway, and what does it do?

Anyway, I`m having a blast now, everyone who loves this game should get TrackIR. No questions asked. :)

Itkovian

Baza
BDG

Post by Baza »

Vector expansion lets you lean and zoom i.e. gives the full six degrees of freedom.
Barry

Itkovian
Staff Sergeant

Post by Itkovian »

That explains it then. Looks like my TrackIR experience is going to get even better. :)

Thank you.

Itkovian

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Hi all. I've been away from BoB2 and gaming generally for a long time with "real life" distractions but just finished my new PC build and hope to get back here and a little more involved.

As part of the PC upgrade I got the new Track IR5, including the TrackClip Pro. I must say I too find it a big improvement over TIR4 - both while using the standard metal track clip with its passive reflectors and the "active LED" Track Clip Pro.

I had used the TIR5 software previously with the old TIR4 IR camera and the software alone seemed to be quite an improvement. With that said, the higher resolution and wider FOV camera that comes with TIR5 is in fact noticeably better. Even when using the passive reflective trackclip the system is ALOT more stable and not at all "twitchy". I really almost have to deliberately TRY and force it to make it lose tracking.

If someone does not have either the difference in price (new) between TIR4 and TIR5 is about $50. If you are into flight or racing games, trust me save a little more money and get TIR5 over the TIR4. Over the long term that $50 difference will be well worth it. In either case the use of TIR makes an enormous difference to the game experience and I simply can not "fly" without it now. Its as essential IMHO as a joystick.

See more on TIR5 here:
http://naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/trackir5/

I only yesterday installed the new unit and have made a couple of minor changes emulating my prior TIR4 profile. Over the next few days I'll get the rust off my BoB2 flying skills and refine a new TIR5 profile and post it here.

Its great to be back in the cockpit!
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

javelina
Airman

Post by javelina »

SeaVee wrote:Hi all. I've been away from BoB2 and gaming generally for a long time with "real life" distractions but just finished my new PC build and hope to get back here and a little more involved.

As part of the PC upgrade I got the new Track IR5, including the TrackClip Pro. I must say I too find it a big improvement over TIR4 - both while using the standard metal track clip with its passive reflectors and the "active LED" Track Clip Pro.

I had used the TIR5 software previously with the old TIR4 IR camera and the software alone seemed to be quite an improvement. With that said, the higher resolution and wider FOV camera that comes with TIR5 is in fact noticeably better. Even when using the passive reflective trackclip the system is ALOT more stable and not at all "twitchy". I really almost have to deliberately TRY and force it to make it lose tracking.

If someone does not have either the difference in price (new) between TIR4 and TIR5 is about $50. If you are into flight or racing games, trust me save a little more money and get TIR5 over the TIR4. Over the long term that $50 difference will be well worth it. In either case the use of TIR makes an enormous difference to the game experience and I simply can not "fly" without it now. Its as essential IMHO as a joystick.

See more on TIR5 here:
http://naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/trackir5/

I only yesterday installed the new unit and have made a couple of minor changes emulating my prior TIR4 profile. Over the next few days I'll get the rust off my BoB2 flying skills and refine a new TIR5 profile and post it here.

Its great to be back in the cockpit!
I've used SeaVee's profile, and it loaded up fine into my TrackIR 5. Managed to nail 2x HE111's to boot on the first time out. Look out for those Hun b*st*rd 109's. With TrackIR, it certainly helps! :D

Thanks SeaVee! and TrackIR 5 is awesome!

ps. sorry if I'm pulling this thread from the dead. just wanted to pass on another data point.

-jav

Siggels
Airman Basic

Post by Siggels »

SeeVee's TrackIR 5 profile is not in this topic. Can SeeVee or somebody else post a link to it please.

Baza
BDG

Post by Baza »

There is a link to the file in this thread, see Buddye's post above.
Barry

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Just in case, as the "shockwave productions" name is deprecated,
and may cease to work as an alias at some point in the future, here
is the aliased-to-current link: http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob_dev/S ... rofile.rar

Siggels
Airman Basic

Post by Siggels »

Thankyou for your replies. Unfortunately, my TrackIR 5 installation does not recognise the supplied profiles. It may be that earlier TrackIR 5's recognised TrackIR4 profiles, but mine won't.

BTW, I've been using SYN_Requiem's TrackIR 5 profile available from the Battle of Stalingrad forum in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, Cliffs of Dover and Battle of Stalingrad. It also works in Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory. As I can't evaluate the TrackIR profile on offer here, could someone do a comparison between SeeVee's profile and SYN_Requiemth's one below:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/362 ... tfx-updat/

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”