I use freeware CAMSTUDIO to make my tutorials and I do it on the fly! That is no editing, and no compressing. It looks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCGuV440y-I
- the first 20 seconds shows what I mean:
- fixed region set for recording matching either youtube SD (640x480) or HD (1280x720)
- prepared title images are just opened in IrfanView and manually aligned by me with the recording region
- recording is paused when I need to show another title page or video overlay text
- used video overlay text I move out of the recording region so they are all over the place on my monitor when I finish recording
- the best part
: CamStudio records in lossles codec that is accepted as is by youtube!
It means that quality of my videos is a true maximum and no better quality can be achieved.
I'd like to add that if someone would write me text messages for my overlays like this:
If you want the most realism leave only "Take off" option selected.
To see lots of action choose Group 11 and then your squadron and aircraft of choice.. Mine are 610 sqdn and Spitfire.
Different squadrons fly different aircrafts and their variants sometimes. Refer to the game manual to get more information about specific differences, particularly between 1A and 1B variants of both aircrafts.
Press BEGIN to begin the campaign and prepare to press the PAUSE button as soon as possible. The button will be at lower left corner of the screen.
I could mass produce many more of such tutorials as long as they don't go into 3D world of BoB 2. If not that even a script like "show this, this, this and that in the following order" would be something.
Regarding your downloading YT videos without overlays - I would recommend you capture them with CamStudio instead of downloading.
ULTIMATE FEATURES SUMUP!
Installation | User Interface | Starting a dynamic Single Pilot Campaign | Takeoff | Free Flight | Inkscape | more!