Starfighter!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Starfighter!

Post by pjc747 »

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Re: Starfighter!

Post by Daube »

That's it. I'm not sure the Mustang will really help me waiting anymore :cry:
Seriously, it's beautifull. Thanks for those shots.

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Post by mattgn »

Looks like the "C" judging by the instrument layout.
I can't wait to get my hands on that little beauty.
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese"
- G.K. Chesterton.

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

Lawman
Airman

Post by Lawman »

Please tell me you're going to model the "G" (also) :?. Think of all the repaint possibilities and the international appeal. You're frankly mad if you don't (> 1100 "G"-models vs about 75 "C"-models) :x .

MAGGIEMAE
Senior Airman

Post by MAGGIEMAE »

:D I agree we need the "G"/CF-104 as it was a big seller back in the day. As an aside the first Canadian built Starfighter to fly in Canada August 14, 1961 has been found and is in the process (hopefully) of being placed in a Museum in Winnipeg to honour all those who built, flew and maintained the "Aluminium Lawn Dart" in it's career with the RCAF. That plane 12703 has a large place in my family history as my dad was the pilot on the first flight. A picture of the first take-off hangs on the wall in my "man cave" :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
[ImageImage[/url]

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

I don't know that they'll have much in the way of "variants" of the F-104 since they've stated several times the sole reason for the F-104 was to test the engine as the F-104 and F-4 have the same engine. While the F-104G and CF-104 (really much the same aircraft just the CF-104 powered by the Orenda license-built J79 and an extra fuel cell) are tempting, I think that since their primary desire is a technology proof of concept, I don't thing they'll spend the required time to build two very different aircraft since the changes in avionics and technology on the engines changed quite a bit between the earlier F-104C and the later F-104G/CF-104.

Phantom88
Senior Airman

Post by Phantom88 »

:D WOW,Beautiful,Nice job Michal!!

MAGGIEMAE
Senior Airman

Post by MAGGIEMAE »

CAPFlyer wrote:I don't know that they'll have much in the way of "variants" of the F-104 since they've stated several times the sole reason for the F-104 was to test the engine as the F-104 and F-4 have the same engine. While the F-104G and CF-104 (really much the same aircraft just the CF-104 powered by the Orenda license-built J79 and an extra fuel cell) are tempting, I think that since their primary desire is a technology proof of concept, I don't thing they'll spend the required time to build two very different aircraft since the changes in avionics and technology on the engines changed quite a bit between the earlier F-104C and the later F-104G/CF-104.
:) As did the various versions of the F4

:mrgreen: Hope springs eternal :lol: And if all else fails I can fire up the Cloud 9 104/F4 8)
ImageImageImageImage
[ImageImage[/url]

Sundowner
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Sundowner »

Lawman wrote:Please tell me you're going to model the "G" (also) :?. Think of all the repaint possibilities and the international appeal. You're frankly mad if you don't (> 1100 "G"-models vs about 75 "C"-models) :x .
Here's the thing: the Charlie is a challange, there were many Golfs made, those are still flying, and you can actually buy them off eBay.

There are no Charlies left in original state, not in AMARC, not even in museums, you just can't see those anymore! A great aircraft forgotten in the wake of bad German pilots training and bribe affairs. And here you go, an actual F-104C-10, that you can virtually strap yourself into and take it to the stratosphere!

So, do you want to intercept U-2s or not ? :D

BTW, hopefully will get the standard version, and the one with uprated engine - those were outperforming EVERYTHING.
Chris Oleksy
"I give that landing a 7 on the Richter scale."

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like my work. It's a privilege to work with the best team in the business.

Zorg12
Senior Airman

Post by Zorg12 »

Awesome! It's probably the plane I'm looking most forward to. We had 51 Starfighters in the Danish Airforce, they were retired in 1986 where they were replaced by F-16's. I know the Danish Airforce has a habit of crashing their fighters, the Starfighter was no exception - 22 crashed.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

MAGGIEMAE wrote:
CAPFlyer wrote:I don't know that they'll have much in the way of "variants" of the F-104 since they've stated several times the sole reason for the F-104 was to test the engine as the F-104 and F-4 have the same engine. While the F-104G and CF-104 (really much the same aircraft just the CF-104 powered by the Orenda license-built J79 and an extra fuel cell) are tempting, I think that since their primary desire is a technology proof of concept, I don't thing they'll spend the required time to build two very different aircraft since the changes in avionics and technology on the engines changed quite a bit between the earlier F-104C and the later F-104G/CF-104.
:) As did the various versions of the F4

:mrgreen: Hope springs eternal :lol: And if all else fails I can fire up the Cloud 9 104/F4 8)
Then again, wasn't the Spitfire but a testbed for the p-51, yet, it is getting an Mk.V expansion too?

MAGGIEMAE
Senior Airman

Post by MAGGIEMAE »

Zorg12 wrote:Awesome! It's probably the plane I'm looking most forward to. We had 51 Starfighters in the Danish Airforce, they were retired in 1986 where they were replaced by F-16's. I know the Danish Airforce has a habit of crashing their fighters, the Starfighter was no exception - 22 crashed.
:mrgreen: It is the Danish Air Force 704 that was actually 703 in Canada and is the one coming back 8)
ImageImageImageImage
[ImageImage[/url]

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I'm not really to familiar with the Starfighter. The bird certaintly looks phenominal though, and will be a must have. There is so much good stuff coming going to have to prioritize what order to get them all in.. Can't wait to see this bird in action!
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Roadburner426 wrote:I'm not really to familiar with the Starfighter. The bird certaintly looks phenominal though, and will be a must have. There is so much good stuff coming going to have to prioritize what order to get them all in.. Can't wait to see this bird in action!
Fastest single engine aircraft to date. Nuff' said. :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”