Thanks for the replies.
I guess playing so much IL2, I was just ready to get the latest mods. Good to know.
I was doing some instant action last night to get a feel for it. After finally getting my screen resolution set to 1920x1080, and the TrackIR working I am a bit happier. I am having some issues with getting my trim set to the knobs on my X52's throttle. Again, playing much IL2 makes it hard to change the setup you are so used to using to flying with.
I do love the way the 109 feels though. I really like the sound as well. Graphics wise, I noticed are not anything close to what I have seen in the videos. I also clicked the campaign just to "check it out" before I dive into some tutorials on how to handle that part, and was blown away. I love dynamic campaigns. Also even in instant action I love the communication between pilots. Makes it feel more alive.
So far I love:
- Flight model (at least of the 109 but I wont be flying any of the RAF)
- The dynamic-ness of the campaign
- Correct skins (yay JG26)
- Simple TrackIR support
What I need to get solved in order to to play more:
- Geting my X52 and Pro Flight rudder pedals set up the same way I have it in IL2
- Tweak the graphics to the fullest
- Learn how to handle the campaign map
- Learn how to takeoff and land. Well more like how to turn everything on in the cockpit lol.
The last 2 parts I am pretty sure I will get with guides, but the first 2 I am open to suggestions
My PC specs (not state of the art):
Q6600 oc'd to 3.0
4 gig DDR2
Again any advice is appreciated.