A2A Development Update August 2012

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

A2A Development Update August 2012

Post by Scott - A2A »

Here's the latest news from A2A
[youtubehd1002 606]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6l9KSu2330[/youtubehd]
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update August 2012

Post by Jigsaw »

Excellent news all around! You really weren't kidding when you said the development update was extensive. ;)

With not only one but two Accu-sim General Aviation aircraft in development a dream is finally coming true. I'm very happy and can't wait!
Happy Landings
- Patrick

ssouchek
Airman

Post by ssouchek »

Why would we buy anything else? I can honestly say that I wake up every morning and check for updates, patches, and new releases. I Love your teams work and cant wait for the next release, no matter what it may be.

Thanks for all your hard work and attention to detail.

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

Interesting stuff A2A..

Nice to see the Hershey Bar winged Cherokee and the Updated Stang. The 104 looks promising.

Any chance we will have an optional setting to push the power on the new stang up to something like 110"?

I have to say, you guys are really expanding nicely. It's very refreshing to see the progression of this company. All the best, keep it goin.

:)
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Kind of surprising to hear that the jets would be released after the GA aircraft, thought they were further along than that.

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

A2A,

Best news I've read/seen in a long time...finally some GA plane that offers the best of the best.

Please make the C172 to have a float version with all the accu-sim features the Cub Float version has (paddle, docking, on the step characteristics) and more. Like the ability to not only weather vein but also drift in the wind (if its possible you guys are the ones to do it) and have to pump out the water in the bilge of the pontoons.

In the pop up window that shows the fuel, oil and liquid levels we see the pontoons and water in them which will increase each time the plane is loaded and create a heavier plane. Shift G or the same key stroke we use to lower/raise the landing gear in the Spitfire pumps out the water. So you manually have to pump out the water by pressing the key stroke several times. Just like there is a sound difference in priming the fuel with a dry and wet prime, so too is the bilge pump feature where we can hear that we are pumping out water or its dry.

Also since a float C172 would be used in the bush offer alternating landing lights like you see on many bush planes. Perhaps even a ski version and offer things like a cowling wrap when securing the plane which does the same thing the oil delusion does as far as how it was left and how it starts up next time you load it in the cold.

Just some ideas that only you guys can do if its possible.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

maxter
Airman First Class

Post by maxter »

Truly wonderful news about the two GA aircraft.
I have been advocating these for a long while now and great to see then coming along soon.

Cheers and thanks A2A, you're the best.
Core i7 4790 | O/C 4.9 Ghz | 32GB 2xRipjaws-X 16G DDR3-1866 RAM
Gigabyte GTX980| 3 x Phillips 21"
2 V300 240gb SSD RAID OS | 2 x Barracuda 3Tb SATA3 HD's in RAID
Antec P193| Corsair 1000W
Aviation photo gallery http://www.christopherbporter.com

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Kilstorm wrote:Please make the C172 to have a float version with all the accu-sim features the Cub Float version has (paddle, docking, on the step characteristics) and more. Like the ability to not only weather vein but also drift in the wind (if its possible you guys are the ones to do it) and have to pump out the water in the bilge of the pontoons.
Oh yes! I think a float variant is a must.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

albatross!!! 8)

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

Guys, if you want C172 render for your desktop, here is one.

Link to the full HD (1920x1080) resolution:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/202612/czyde/FSX/C172_0001.jpg

Rarebear

Post by Rarebear »

Great news, Looking forward to the 51, (will this be an update?) 104 and the 172. is there a possibility of also customizing the 172 with vgs and wing extensions? there is also a Frankling 230 HP engine conversion in the market. I would like to see some of those stcs in the aircraft. I know it would be hard to satisfy every stc since cessna has one of the largest stc lists in the world but there are some very interesting STC's you guys might one to take a look at. theres nothing that will make an aircraft feel like your own when you choose certain STC's for your aircraft.

Just a question, Are your comanche ailerons rigged properly? seems like they have lots of deflection for level flight. it SHOULDN'T be a big deal. not sure where to adjust the rigging in the comanche but its usually not a huge deal.

If you guys ever want to take a close look at an older 182 say a 59 model, Id be happy to oblige.

Great Great Great!!!!

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Post by polluxware »

great news:)

i taught that a2a members are on vacation... ;)

new plane?? Scott.. your wife never mentioned the "garage" lately , as your new bedroom? :)

what about the Spitfire MKV?

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

What a pleasant surprise! Now I can go places in my Mustang a little more civilized-like. That Century III autopilot is the one we have in our Baron, very familiar.

Baron58
Senior Airman

Post by Baron58 »

polluxware wrote: **********************
what about the Spitfire MKV?
Good question! Looks like the MKV Spitfire has been buried ... In Burma, perhaps?!

Ted

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

These posts are cracking me up, coming at the subjects from so many different angles.

Regarding the Comanche yokes, the aircraft had a wheel up after landing accident and had the right flap and aileron replaced. The guys worked like heck to rig it right, and managed to get it to fly pretty straight (still rolls a bit to the left). Needless to say, I'm learning a lot myself about properly rigging ailerons :)

Bruce, yes, one thing we have managed to do well is to not move too fast. Right now, Accu-Sim is full-featured for props. To develop the C172 and Cherokee is a lateral move for the technology, and allows us to really use the system as it was meant to be used. We will be working the 104 with these two birds, but the 104 does represent the first complete step to a turbojet.

We also have a few more flights scheduled in F-104's to make before we can complete development, but now have full and complete access to the Cessna's and Pipers.

Ted, we're still undecided on how we can release the SpitV as the project was getting a bit too involved. We do have some beautiful V's already done, so we're still working on a way these can make it to the market.

As for the Cherokee and 172, yes, mods are something we're very much into doing.

I will say, the next three aircraft (C172, Cherokee, F104) will have great sound sets.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”