September Development update 2013 2 of 3

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

September Development update 2013 2 of 3

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Accu-sim C172 Trainer
Second Development update video September 2013

Here is the second development update for the Accu-sim C172 Trainer. Thank you for all the feedback so far from the first video, this next one will help answer in video form some of the questions we haven't answered yet or better explain what we have. This time around we focus on some of the more technical stuff as we have a quick look inside the cockpit and some systems. We also opened up a dev tool to show you a hint of whats happening under the hood of Accu-sim aircraft.

[youtubehd1002 606]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEiF7lA58l8[/youtubehd]

Many thanks for watching,
from everyone at A2A Simulations
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: September Development update 2013 2 of 3

Post by JoeS475 »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

8)

Joe
Joe

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Excellent timing! I was just about to switch off the PC and call it a night. Must watch now!

EDIT: Awesome²!!

Love the little vibration of the suction mounted GPS at certain RPM.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Skyhawk54
Airman

Post by Skyhawk54 »

SUPERB! Amazing what you guys have accomplished!

I Want IT NOW :)
Image[/URL]
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

René Artois
Airman

Post by René Artois »

Very nice, but I noticed that the attitude indicator acts a bit funny between 1:38 and 1:41; the card pops into another position.

Anyways, I can't wait to hop in and fly it!

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Whoooo :D Want it !

What about shaking and vibrating of the fuselage at full throttle on brakes? You can see the difference between Scott´s real recording and the Accusim simulation. No shaking effects at the fuselage due to propeller thrust.
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

Piperflyer777
Airman

Post by Piperflyer777 »

I am So Excited for the release!! I don't know what I would do without A2A! A2A has defiantly hanged FSX for me!! That's the only reason I use fsx, because of A2A

Res Non Verba
Airman

Post by Res Non Verba »

another must have!

congrats
ImageImageImageImage

alexf
Senior Airman

Post by alexf »

I'm so getting this one! Awesome!
Alex

Image ImageImage

killer757
Staff Sergeant

Post by killer757 »

Wow this is really looking good! It really shows here the amount of work you guys have put into this bird! :D

Just wondering, will there be any option to 'hanger' your aircraft during cooler climates? Or is the heater the only option?
ImageImage

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Great video and plane you're releasing.

I do have some questions/request and its only because its A2A and accu-sim that I would ask this. At about 7:47 into the video where Scott lines up on the runway ot run the engine at full power, I notice the VSI starts to become active bouncing and climbs a bit.. My question is simple, can/will accu-sim model this behavior in an update down the road?

We have seen other gauges needles act more like their real life counter part as well as the compass so I feel comfortable in asking this only because of what A2A has delivered in the past. My question is not so much of a yes or no to the actual feature but more of if the idea, desire or feature will/should/could be modeled with accu-sim and if so how important would having something like that in the C172 might be in the overall development cost of the plane.

Another question is about hte night lighting. Looks amazing but are there any knobs inside the v/c to dial or control the lighting or is it only controlled in the pop-up window?
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Nico081 wrote:Whoooo :D Want it !

What about shaking and vibrating of the fuselage at full throttle on brakes? You can see the difference between Scott´s real recording and the Accusim simulation. No shaking effects at the fuselage due to propeller thrust.
This effect was actually coded but disabled for release, because we needed to do more work on it. The shaking is from the turbulent air swirling around the body and hitting the elevator. It's a great effect and will make it into one of the updates down the road.

Kilstorm wrote:Great video and plane you're releasing.

I do have some questions/request and its only because its A2A and accu-sim that I would ask this. At about 7:47 into the video where Scott lines up on the runway ot run the engine at full power, I notice the VSI starts to become active bouncing and climbs a bit.. My question is simple, can/will accu-sim model this behavior in an update down the road?
That is one of those minor effects that may or may not get done.
Kilstorm wrote:Another question is about the night lighting. Looks amazing but are there any knobs inside the v/c to dial or control the lighting or is it only controlled in the pop-up window?
Yes, there are two dual function rotating dials in the cockpit you can use too. I just used the CONTROLS panel for ease of use for the video.

Killer757, nice idea on the hangar option but that may not be practical to do any time soon.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Muwarr90
Airman

Post by Muwarr90 »

Scott-

Am I correct in getting the impression that the C172 may be a product that may evolve more than some of the other A2A planes, with multiple updates and additions after the initial launch?

Matt81
Airman First Class

Post by Matt81 »

All I can say is good lord my god I can't wait!!!!! :mrgreen:

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

Only one more video before we're waiting for the product release rather than the next video! ;)

Honestly, though, these are very nice to see. Bravo to the dev team for providing us these tidbits while we wait even while they're busy polishing the actual product.

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”