September Development update 2013 2 of 3

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Boon1986
Staff Sergeant

Re: September Development update 2013 2 of 3

Post by Boon1986 »

Thanks, its beautifull can´t wait to release :D
PIC of:
GA: C172-/C182-/P28-180-/P250-/ -Accu-Sim
P250- / -Accu-Sim-2.0
WOS: B377-L049-COTS-/PJ3-/ -AccuSim
WOP: P40-/Spitfire-/B17-/P51-/ -AccuSim

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

Jigsaw wrote:Love the little vibration of the suction mounted GPS at certain RPM.
+1. I had to go back and make sure I saw that correctly. :lol: I also love that the sound is muffled when you put on your headset! I have dreamed of having that one small, seemingly simple feature in FSX for a long time. IMO, these little touches add about as much realism to the sim as all the complex modeling of the systems and flight model, because they blur the lines between simulation and reality that much more.

IDK when I'll ever pull my other aircraft out of the hanger when this is released. :) Unfortunately, I'm loaded down with college coursework right now, so I won't be able to fly it much for a while after it's released. :(

On the edge of my seat awaiting Part III. . . .

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Muwarr90 wrote:Scott-

Am I correct in getting the impression that the C172 may be a product that may evolve more than some of the other A2A planes, with multiple updates and additions after the initial launch?
It is a CORE aircraft so will be updated with the CORE updates. The product is very feature laden and naturally during development some ideas have worked right away and others not requiring extensive development time. However we have not given up and we already have implemented/working on some things for post release which will be added including breakers, enhanced vibrations under certain conditions etc but more on that post release. Any updates to the CORE like previous sims (P-40, Spitfire, P-51) will be free and down loadable on the forum.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

Wow...

CottonEyeJoe
Airman

Post by CottonEyeJoe »

outstanding software!!!

However I've got a question: will it be possible, for example, that you can program the lights dimmer to a switch on Saitek hardware, like yoke, tpm, etc.?

simulatorflyer
Airman

Post by simulatorflyer »

(Standing ovation) Bravo! Bravo! :shock: :D

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Post by francesco.doenz »

I know I am oldthinking, but I am among those (hope I am not alone!?) who regret that the Jug is not included in the core updates, the P-47 with its huge radial would be a treasure trove for "enhanced" accusim, the Razorback is just an unfinished masterpiece!!!
Anyway, thanks for all these fantastic warbirds!

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Post by polluxware »

I saw the video (part2)

just one thing...

4 cylinder Boxer engine.... !Boxer! how the "flick" come that the accusim dev tool showing 1,2,3,4 piston moves instead of "1+3 at once", then "2+4at once" pumping??

cmon.......

it's sooo :oops:

hope someone else is noticed it too;)

mike10
Senior Airman

Post by mike10 »

polluxware wrote:I saw the video (part2)

just one thing...

4 cylinder Boxer engine.... !Boxer! how the "flick" come that the accusim dev tool showing 1,2,3,4 piston moves instead of "1+3 at once", then "2+4at once" pumping??

cmon.......

The bar graph was showing cylinder pressure. Much like a power balance test a lot of scan tools have. sure two pistons are at TDC at the same time but on one of those cylinders the exhaust valve was open (exhaust stroke) as the piston was traveling to TDC so no pressure was developed in that cylider. So the way it was in the video is correct.

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Pistonpilot wrote:Only one more video before we're waiting for the product release rather than the next video! ;)
-Ian C
No.. we are awaiting release now! :mrgreen:
A2A wrote:Part 3 will be posted shortly after the product is released.
Kind regards, Matthias

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Post by polluxware »

mike10 wrote:
polluxware wrote:I saw the video (part2)

just one thing...

cmon.......

The bar graph was showing cylinder pressure. Much like a power balance test a lot of scan tools have. sure two pistons are at TDC at the same time but on one of those cylinders the exhaust valve was open (exhaust stroke) as the piston was traveling to TDC so no pressure was developed in that cylider. So the way it was in the video is correct.
:shock: so its not a 2stroke:)))

cooling phase... i forgot that

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

I noticed one of Scott's three test Skyhawks had a glass cockpit, but no mention of it anywhere. Will we eventually get a glass cockpit?

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:I noticed one of Scott's three test Skyhawks had a glass cockpit, but no mention of it anywhere. Will we eventually get a glass cockpit?
Lewis mentioned in a different thread no plans for this as of yet but it could be an expansion or something way down the line.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Must've missed it, thanks.

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

I take it that there will be a sound difference when the engine is running when the window is opened/cracked or closed. Might be safe to say there will be a sound difference with the door is opened and closed while the engine is running. What will happen if the door is opened and you run the engine full power. I'm hoping it will be force closed/ajar and not remain wide open.

As far as air vents/heaters, I too take it that these will work and hopefully the passengers will provide feedback if they are too hot or cold like in the Cub with Heidi.

I like the four different passengers and would hope once they have speaking personalities to hear all kinds of things that will keep the flying emmersive. While with the Cub Heidi came in different personalities, hopefully we could get one more person to pick from and that would be an instructor type. Basically he personality would be to say when we are outside of textbook parimeters. like too step of banks, too slow or fast on climb out etc and upon landing a quick mention of the overall flight if it was great ok or needs improvement.

Another big item A2A has addressed in other releases is windscreen foggy up. Will the defroster work and be needed for when flying in the right conditions which would foggy up or ice up the windscreen like in cold weather or humid conditions?
Last edited by Kilstorm on 30 Aug 2013, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”