FSX CTD

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
awash2002
A2A ACE

FSX CTD

Post by awash2002 »

I really enjoy flying the skyhawk but when I go to exit the sim or pick a repaint it does the CTD error I think what needs to happen is just do a complete reinstall of FSX and delete everything manually

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: FSX CTD

Post by Scott - A2A »

Make sure you have the update here:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 08&t=36436

Check the general FAQ first:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 08&t=35640

There is a section on CTD's.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I am running the 1.022 update and so far there is no CTD at all but still a slight left turning on the ground

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Still getting the CTD error but I know what the problem is I've overloaded my FSX beyond what it can handle so I'm going to do a reinstall of it and only put A2A and Flight1 aircraft back on

bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

Post by bliksimpie »

First thing before uninstall and re-install, lets first try and see if we can fix.
Did you check the CTD event viewer log files. What does it say? this is very important as that normally pinpoint the problem.
What OS you running.??
Do you know how to get to event viewer and the log files ??
Regards
JB

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Windows XP SP3

I deleted all 5 of the .dat files

bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

Post by bliksimpie »

general knowledge for anyone that might want to see how to find event logs.

in XP eventviewer can be accessed this way

Click Start >> Run >> type eventvwr and hit enter
(or)
Just press (Windows Key + R) then type eventvwr and hit enter.
(or)
click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer.

in windows 7 it is as follows.

Regards
JB

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I just checked the eventvwr and it does not give a tab for details on my system anyway

bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

Post by bliksimpie »

awash2002 wrote:I just checked the eventvwr and it does not give a tab for details on my system anyway

Sorry cannot remember XP event viewer at all. Anyone on XP that can post some sceenshots how to get to the logs.?
Regards
JB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Here we go for event viewer in the ole XP;
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

blue six
BDG & A2A

Post by blue six »

Thanks, Bliksimpie, for your explanation of the Event Viewer. The timing was perfect for me - I just reinstalled FSX Gold Edition yesterday after a complete Windows 7 re-load, and have been getting consistent CTDs whenever the "escape" key is pressed to end flight, even with the stock FSX aircraft. Event Viewer pointed me to a file "atiumdag.dll" and more digging showed this to be part of the driver package for my ATI video card. It appears the shop that did the OS reload took the opportunity to update my rig to the latest ATI Catalyst version, 13.9. Finally, over at Avsim I see other ATI users are finding that Catalyst 13.9 doesn't play well with FSX: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421545-lat ... -with-fsx/

The general consensus over on the AMD support forum appears to be to roll back to Catalyst 13.4; I'm just working up my courage to give this a try. Very happy to have found your post before I stripped out FSX and tried another re-install.

ATI video card owners and FSX users beware - Catalyst Version 13.9 may not be your friend.

blue six

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Thank you guys for all your help A2A is the best period

ArtMan
Airman

Post by ArtMan »

blue six wrote:Thanks, Bliksimpie, for your explanation of the Event Viewer. The timing was perfect for me - I just reinstalled FSX Gold Edition yesterday after a complete Windows 7 re-load, and have been getting consistent CTDs whenever the "escape" key is pressed to end flight, even with the stock FSX aircraft. Event Viewer pointed me to a file "atiumdag.dll" and more digging showed this to be part of the driver package for my ATI video card. It appears the shop that did the OS reload took the opportunity to update my rig to the latest ATI Catalyst version, 13.9. Finally, over at Avsim I see other ATI users are finding that Catalyst 13.9 doesn't play well with FSX: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421545-lat ... -with-fsx/

The general consensus over on the AMD support forum appears to be to roll back to Catalyst 13.4; I'm just working up my courage to give this a try. Very happy to have found your post before I stripped out FSX and tried another re-install.

ATI video card owners and FSX users beware - Catalyst Version 13.9 may not be your friend.

blue six
Hee, I had the same issue but not only related to FSX. The problem seems to be connected to a multi monitor setup.

When I use my computer with 1 monitor there are no issues at all.

I got the CTD after updating the ATI driver to the latest version. After clicking on a ATI preferences icon I got the CTD´s but only with multi monitors.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I'll check my Nvidia settings. I am still getting the CTD but only after I exit my flightsim plus I'm getting very very low frames with the skyhawk 1.03 but it flies wonderfully tomorrow I got get more ram installed in my computer which will help with the shuttering plus it would help if I kept a can of dust off around

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”