It still makes my eyes hurt to look at that last pic. Ouch!
Now back to reality.
I was really hoping to come home to find my swap file was turned off but it wasn't. The talk about the swap file made me try a few different things with it's setup. No setting change I made to the swap file size, drive location or managment did anything.
The next thing I tried a little more intensly than I had done up to this time is to jack the video card AA & AF settings to different settings including Application Controlled. Still no luck.
I've now also tried both copies of my P-47 main file and two different DLs of the 1.1 upgrade in different combos. No go there either.
What I have been zeroing in on is the file at the center of the goofiness.
Everything I've tried with negative results all has one common element that I can put my finger on. That doesn't mean to say it's not a problem caused by this file interacting with something system specifc on my end but it's proven out 100% of the time now to be involved.
The file is the model file "p47d22.mdl 11/13/2005 4:00PM".
I did a dual P47 install. One using the stock P-47 with no 1.1 upgrade. The second was the stock P-47 with the 1.1 upgrade. Then I set them both up as AI aircraft and started playing with settings and such.
This is what they look like side by side under the exact same settings no matter what I do. Both of these are on AI. The one in the front is 1.1 the one in the back is 1.0
Now very easily I can fix the one in the front by taking the older model file and sticking in the 1.1 install. It fixes the problem 100% of the time.
By the same token I can break the 1.0 aircraft in the back by taking the 1.1 model file and putting it in that install. It causes the problem 100% of the time.