No Sound after BSOD crash

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Drizzle
Airman

No Sound after BSOD crash

Post by Drizzle »

I've searched the FAQs and other posts, and haven't found help for this problem, so...

Due to a video card issue, I had a BSOD crash (several actually, before tracing the cause), and now I have no cockpit sounds in the Comanche. Well, almost no sounds. When the battery is switched on, I can faintly hear the hum of the gyro, and when switching the battery on and off, I can hear some associated 'plink', probably of a relay activating. But the switches themselves make no sound, running the engine makes no noise, the usual 'rat-a-tat-tat' of the vent window falling against the rail is silent (as well as no wind-noise), etc.

Switching to the Cherokee and other planes, everything seems normal.

My efforts so far in trying to rectify this (with no change) include: Reinstalling the Comanche, Rerunning the A2A Core update, Reinstalling SimConnect, Reinstalling my FSUIPC4, Checking my sound settings in P3D... What have I done??

Another unassociated issue I've been frustrated with since installing the Comanche: Each and every time I start a trip (whether beginning from scratch, or continuing a saved flight), I find it empty of fuel, passengers deplaned (and a different pilot than the one I prefer), STRIPPED of all add-ons I'd previous installed (GPS, Tip Tanks, Gap Seals, etc., etc). Because I've had to disable panel serializing previously, I'm used to finding the airplane cold and dark, and have no complaint about that. But having to begin EVERY flight with a 'factory fresh' aircraft, reinstalling all the basic upgrades and so forth is growing tiresome. Is there a fix for this??

Thanks in advance!
Drizzle
Ryzen 7800X3D|Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX MoBo|32GB DDR5 6000MHz|MSI RTX 4090|Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2SSD|Reverb G2|Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo|MFG Crosswinds pedals|VKB Mark III Gunfighter flight-stick, only flying MSFS now

Ala13_Kokakolo
Airman First Class

Re: No Sound after BSOD crash

Post by Ala13_Kokakolo »

Delete the plane log (they are in the documents folder)

Drizzle
Airman

Post by Drizzle »

BINGO!!!!!

That takes care of my sound problem -- THANK YOU!!!

Now, anyone besides me having to reinstall your tip-tanks, gap seals, etc every time you fly?

Thanks again for helping me over this hurdle, Ala13!!

Gratefully,
Drizzle
Ryzen 7800X3D|Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX MoBo|32GB DDR5 6000MHz|MSI RTX 4090|Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2SSD|Reverb G2|Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo|MFG Crosswinds pedals|VKB Mark III Gunfighter flight-stick, only flying MSFS now

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you run downloaded and run the latest updater?

Are you running the installations + the sim itself as admin via right clicking and selecting run as admin?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Drizzle
Airman

Post by Drizzle »

Thank you Lewis!

I thought I had the latest updater, but was working off an old one. Just downloaded and ran that one, and my Comanche is now golden!! :D

Very sincerely appreciate your help!
Drizzle

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, happy flying

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

I had the same problem after Today update. I took default Cessna 172 and after this I back to Comanche and no any problems now.
http://yoyosims.pl/
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

Texoma
Airman

Post by Texoma »

I probably read every single post I could find on No Engine sound for A2A.
This suggestion solved my issue.

I went to Documents, found A2A, then I saw a folder for C182, and deleted it!

I guess it all gets rebuilt, but that did it! Thanks!

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”