Auto Pilot Malfuction

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Reg Lees
Airman

Auto Pilot Malfuction

Post by Reg Lees »

:cry: :cry: Hi Guys. What ever I do I cannot remove the problem I have with the AP, which means I can only fly the C182 manually, not a very good situation.
Regards
Reg Lees

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Auto Pilot Malfuction

Post by Oracle427 »

I have asked for more information about how you are operating the AP on your original post. I also provided some pointers on proper operation. Have you seen that response?

This is nothing like the stock FSX AP.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=63035
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Reg Lees
Airman

Post by Reg Lees »

:cry: :cry: Hi Chief. Thanks for your comments. For your information I have been flying the C182 since 2014 without a problem until a few months ago, when the problem occured during a flight with the AP working normally. To explain in detail what happens; pre-flight checks are made prior to take-off, after take-off climb to say 3000ft level off. If the AP is now activated the plane immediately goes into a steep climb and will continue to climb regardless of what action is taken with the AP, the only way to regain control is to dis-enable the AP. Hope this information is of some help.
Reagrds
Reg Lees

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
It sounds like you are getting a run away elevator trim once a/p is engauged , did you notice if trim was moving in an apparent runaway nose up .
I had a similar experiance while in the B17 with the 91st bombgroup on a bombing mission over berlin , but my problem was due to a direct flak hit on my number 3 engine , taking out my horizon gauge vac source , quickly followed by runaway elevator trim , and i had too disengauge a/p retrim elevator and switch the vac to engine 2 to regain control .
What was your horzon gauge doing , had it failed , as this would cause a runaway trim .
regards alan. 8)

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Reg Lees,

Have you tried the suggestions and tips from the other thread, Oracle427 has provided?

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

alan CXA651 wrote:It sounds like you are getting a run away elevator trim once a/p is engauged , did you notice if trim was moving in an apparent runaway nose up .
Yeah, trim runaway does sound like a likely explanation. An FSX/P3D function which is known to cause this is the "Autothrottle enagage (TOGA)" command. Therefore, if you have a joystick button or key assigned to this and it's been activated, that could explain your problem.

If you can less us know how you're engaging the autopilot (i.e. with a mouse click in the virtual cockpit or with a keyboard or hardware button press) it'll be helpful.

Thanks,
Nick

Reg Lees
Airman

Post by Reg Lees »

:lol: :lol: Hi Guys. AP back up and working. Following all the advise and comments I established that the problem was that the elevator would go into the 'UP Trim' position when the AP was engaged. I then decided to remove all previous saved flights, uninstall FXs key commands, shut down and then restart. I then checked if the problem still existed and found that the AP was working fine, I the reinstalled the FXs key commands, check and found no problems AP working find. Thanks for the advise, etc.
Regards
Reg Lees

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Aha, good to hear. Happy flying in the virtual skies

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”