your aircraft is not persistent it keeps going to the nil.

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

your aircraft is not persistent it keeps going to the nil.

Post by AbstractArtist »

I only have 7.6 hours in flying time on aircraft and it keeps going like I crashed it giving a null value every time I leave my aircraft. I am tired of this happening when I paid 49.99 for it and it acts all over the place. I only have 7.6 hours and the aircraft maintenance hanger always show red when I done flying right. I had proof but stupid free recording didn't capture it.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: your aircraft is not persistent it keeps going to the ni

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

given the issues you are reporting on the forums, I would suggest a slow down and fixing them one by one rather than rushing in without reading the manual, understanding the simulation platform etc, as you are experiencing this will only result in consistent issues and frustration.

NIL values, sounds like you are either not updated or you are consistanly reloading the simulation situation something that is advised against with all complex simulations on the FSX/P3D platforms.

I'd also ask you to check you are running the simulation itself as admin via right click and selecting run as admin.

You will note the lack of others suggesting the aircraft is not persist since it's release in 2013, so we know the issue you are experiencing is due to tech issues and or lack of experience with the simulation as mentioned and trying to run before you can walk. Try treating the simulation as you would a real aircraft, read the checklists, instructions/manuals and get use to the basics before trying to go for a flight with an instructor let alone solo. The simulation is quite a complex simulation that is used the world over for flight training in certified and non-certified simulators, the hobby version you are using at home is not too different at all from the flight training version we license, so its worth understanding that you really do want to be treating it with care, and jumping in at your own peril.

We and the community are happy to help and here to troubleshoot tech issues, or help user issues with general use as you have already had from various fs simmer and pilot members here already.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1323393554, here is proof your aircraft is not persistent and I have my flight sim on admin and everything you keep saying.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
That photo is most likely showing the results of a simconnect issue , and is miss leading you , i have had this aircraft for over a year and flown it from north to south and east to west around the FSX globe in ASN weather conditions on VATSIM , without to many issues , and only issues i had was wear and tear on aircraft parts .
regards alan. 8)

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

how do I get the simconnect to keep working?

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

AbstractArtist wrote:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1323393554, here is proof your aircraft is not persistent and I have my flight sim on admin and everything you keep saying.
Lewis is not saying you don't have an issue. He is saying the issue is local and that the forum is willing to help you find it.

For example, my Comanche installation does not have the issue you are describing. This would indicate something amiss on your installation since mine works fine.

Just hang in there and slow down a bit and people will help you find the answer.
Dudley Henriques

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

I love flying the aircraft. I just want the persistent to work. I have 7.9 hours on engine and airframe.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

AbstractArtist wrote:I love flying the aircraft. I just want the persistent to work. I have 7.9 hours on engine and airframe.

I understand. There is obviously something wrong and Lewis is a master at solving these issues. It's usually something wrong or missing in the installation, especially if only one aircraft is affected.
Just hang in with Lewis and the others offering help on the forum. I'm just a flying guy so I leave the computer stuff to those who deal with it all the time.
Don't worry. It will end well. :-)))))))))))
DH

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

well i want my private pilot's license and was going to use the home aircraft to help me get me in the groove of landing again

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

AbstractArtist wrote:well i want my private pilot's license and was going to use the home aircraft to help me get me in the groove of landing again
You can do that with a caveat. Once you get your issues ironed out you will discover that helping you get your ticket is just what A2A had in mind when we designed our flight models.

The caveat I speak of is that the only thing we can't replicate for you is the changing dynamic pressure on the control surfaces due to changing airspeed and power setting. For that you will need the exposure found in the actual plane you are flying for your training.
But for just about everything else involved with landings you should find your A2A aircraft just fine for practicing procedures and basic technique.
I wish you well with your training BTW, and if we can be of any help, we have some fair pilots right here on the forums you can whiz things by anytime at all.
Dudley Henriques

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please let us know the answer here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=63233

Also I notice in the shot you posted all of your sky is corrupted. Is your install working, as its looking like your FSX itself is not working correctly, which is why the C172 Trainer is having issues for you.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”