fuel flow gauge under reading fixing issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

fuel flow gauge under reading fixing issue

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have been flying with a tach and fuel flow gauges under reading for a few flights , tonight while on joinFS with some 91st bombardment group members, a member as well as me , where in the bonanza v35b , both of us had the low reading fuel flow gauge , at the end of flying , he left clicked the fuel flow gauge in the hangar to fix it , and it went from yellow to red , so i tried fixing my gauges , the tach gauge fixed as it should , but my fuel flow did the same as his and went from yellow to red , he made the mistake of then hitting the fix all and lost his engine hours but the gauge was fixed , i tried ending the flight , then restarting another flight , this did not fix it , so i shut the sim down , then restarted the sim , now my fuel flow gauge was fixed and i still had my engine hours .
He was using P3Dv4 i use FSXA , if anyone has an under reading fuel flow gauge in P3Dv4 , and a left click turns it from yellow to red , see if shutting down the sim and restarting the sim then fixes it with out losing your engine hours , as it did with my FSXA.
regards alan. 8)

RicFishner
Airman Basic

Re: fuel flow gauge under reading fixing issue

Post by RicFishner »

Hi,

I'm using Prepar3D V4 and I had the same issue with fixing the fuel flow gauge.
After inspection it was first saying, that the reading is a bit low and the gauge appeared "yellow" in the maintenance hangar. I tried to repair it and it went "red". Now saying that the reading is very low..

Further fixing made no difference, the instrument was still broken.

Anyway, I took off again and after the next landing I was able to repair it in the maintenance hangar.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

RicFishner wrote:Anyway, I took off again and after the next landing I was able to repair it in the maintenance hangar.
I had the same problem in FSX Steam
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

FlushDraw
Airman

Post by FlushDraw »

Same with me in FSX boxed. Restarting the sim did not work. I ended up clicking repair all (which worked) and lost all my engine hours. I would of thought overhaul engine would be the one to loose all engine hours but repair all did it too.

Mike

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Same thing happened to me as well. It became fixable upon starting a new flight. Guess they had to order parts or somethin'.

Seeya
ATB

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

Paughco wrote:Same thing happened to me as well. It became fixable upon starting a new flight. Guess they had to order parts or somethin'.

Seeya
ATB
:lol:
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thank you for the reports guys.

We'll investigate this issue and assuming we can find a bug buried somewhere, it'll be fixed in a forthcoming update.

Cheers,
Nick

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We actually designed it like this, that "repair all" included the engine overhaul, but after reading this and thinking about it, it makes more sense to do it they way you expected, so we made it so for the next update.

Thanks for the good feedback.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlushDraw
Airman

Post by FlushDraw »

Thanks Scott and Nick. A2A and your whole team are the best in the business. Keep up the great work, you guys rock!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I had the same issue. If you keep clicking the FF gauge after it went red it’ll be fixed eventually. That’s how I fixed mine.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I have the fuel flow gauge issue also. I was repairing some other gauges and since the fuel flow gauge was yellow (reading a little low) I went ahead and tried to repair it too. The first click left it yellow. The next dozen clicks left it red.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

After a week of trying I finally got mine to go from barely functional to 'reading a little low', where I started. Hopefully this will be addressed in one of the next updates. When mine went to the unrepairable state the needle didn't even make it to the green arc at full power during takeoff, so it made priming a little more difficult.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I am having the same issue with the fuel flow reading Repair all fixed it I am using FSX Boxed

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

I am wondering about the fuel gauge... Not sure if it has something to do with how I'm treating the airplane, but it's come up as reading almost a GPH low twice now in 100 hours. Replaced it once at 78 hours and now at 103 it seems to be yellow and reading somewhere around 0.5-1.0gph low again. Might want to check the numbers under the cowling and make sure the fuel flow isn't wearing out an order or two of magnitude faster than it should.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

I have this issue as well now. Has this been adressed? (as well as the fix all/overhaul thing Scott meant to change?)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”