Simple Yes or No Question

Born to fly
new reply
Doc_Z
Airman

Simple Yes or No Question

Post by Doc_Z »

Will the Cub ever be updated to P3d latest version?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Simple Yes or No Question

Post by Tomas Linnet »

maybe.....;-)

I'm pretty sure they'll get to it, but there are still a few other planes to do. No fixed order, yet
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes we will release a P3Dv4+ Cub, no its not in alpha or beta or at any stage where a time is going to be given.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

It is probably appropriate to say that A2A does not have plans to NOT release the Cub for P3Dv4. It is not currently in development. There is no time frame when development will start specifically for the Cub, but many Accu-Sim improvements have already been made and will be incorporated into the Cub when development does start.

Hook

Doc_Z
Airman

Post by Doc_Z »

OK. I'll take that as a maybe, pretty sure, yes.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Doc_Z wrote:OK. I'll take that as a maybe, pretty sure, yes.
Sounds about right. Until you are in Beta, software development is never a black and white yes or no question. Once you make that magic beta though you tend to have a release.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes we will release a P3Dv4+ Cub, no its not in alpha or beta or at any stage where a time is going to be given.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
This is actually good news.

«a» P3Dv4 Cub means nothing if not a new edition. Not a port of the old one, but a new one. Not to underestimate the work behind the warbirds, but they were already well inside the modern Accusim-world, whereas the Cub is in the old days - propeller simulation severely lacking and so forth. If anything major is needed in the Cub, it is the propeller simulation. Seat of the pants flying don’t work as it should when the simulation isn’t as good as the modern Accusim-planes. Everything about the old Cub is lovely. And damn, I miss it! :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Agreed. I need to do some VFR stuff. Need a cub, including an amphibian version.

Please hurry.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I am surprised that people aren't keeping a copy of FSX or P3Dv1-3 installed in order to fly things like the A2A Cub that won't work in P3Dv4. What you would be giving up by not using P3Dv4 is less than you would be gaining by being able to fly the Cub.

The Cub isn't officially certified for use with P3Dv1-3 but it runs on 2.5 with no obvious problems. Close enough for me, and I can still fly it when I want.

Hook

supersym2
Airman

Post by supersym2 »

Medtner wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes we will release a P3Dv4+ Cub, no its not in alpha or beta or at any stage where a time is going to be given.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
This is actually good news.

«a» P3Dv4 Cub means nothing if not a new edition. Not a port of the old one, but a new one. Not to underestimate the work behind the warbirds, but they were already well inside the modern Accusim-world, whereas the Cub is in the old days - propeller simulation severely lacking and so forth. If anything major is needed in the Cub, it is the propeller simulation. Seat of the pants flying don’t work as it should when the simulation isn’t as good as the modern Accusim-planes. Everything about the old Cub is lovely. And damn, I miss it! :-)
indeed, good news :)

I'm waiting to be qualified on a real piper cub, but the engine is broken since several weeks...

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”