Reality XP or Flight1 GPS add-ons?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
larshgf
Airman

Reality XP or Flight1 GPS add-ons?

Post by larshgf »

Hi there,

I would like to hear your opinion about the best GPS to choose for aircrafts like c172, comanche250 etc.?
As far as I can see these can be purchased from Reality XP and Flight1. What to choose if not the default?

BR Lars

Buffy Foster

Re: Reality XP or Flight1 GPS add-ons?

Post by Buffy Foster »

I have the Flight1 ones and they work real nice. I don't have the Reality XP one's so I can't say anything about those.

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

Get the Reality XP. These units use a more recent trainer from Garmin and you get cross fill. Also I find the support a lot better.
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

larshgf
Airman

Post by larshgf »

Thanks both of you for your answers!
I will have a closer look at both products :-)

larshgf
Airman

Post by larshgf »

Hi again,
I read somewhere that there is a problem with both avionics to get up to date navdata that matches the maps from the aviatiin department. Do you exprience this fact as a problem in your sin hobby?
Lars

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

IDK, I never did that. I just use what's in it already.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Since new update there are issues reported with flight1 gtn 750. I’m sure it will be addressed soon but could be a deal breaker if looking to purchase
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

sully0808
Airman Basic

Post by sully0808 »

I have the Flight 1 GNS 650/750 combo for P3D. I've used them since FSX. They are great to use. I've never tried RXP's GPS so o can't speak to them.

There is only 1 area I don't like about it... The inability to update the Nav Data. It would be great if you could update it from Navigraph. It is still functional but the SIDS and STARS will be out of date. You can also create your own waypoints if that is necessary.

There was an issue with functionality with P3D v4.4... but with the latest update it appears to be resolved.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”