CH yoke and rudder peddles issues

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: CH yoke and rudder peddles issues

Post by dvm »

This has been discussed before. Spiking is often caused by a dirty pot. I would attempt to clean them before replacing. It is pretty easy to spray contact cleaner into the pot and then work it to move the wiper across the resistor to help remove any corrosion and dirt. I use CRC QD contact cleaner. It completely evaporates and leaves no residue that would tend to attract dirt. Some people swear by the cleaners that contain lube but as I said they tend to attract more dust and dirt down the road. The interior of the pots do not need lube in my experience. The cleaner I use is available at Home Depot and Amazon to name two. As far as the spiking being caused by a under powered USB port my experience is a intermittent connection or a complete loss of connection is the problem. Crippy is correct that you should always use a port directly connected to the MB and if you must use a HUB it should be powered. Fortunately most modern medium to high end MBs have more than enough on board USB ports available. My rig has 8 at the rear and four more available from the on board headers. Rather than buy a external hub if your board has headers you can add a front header board.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... +panel+usb

nojwod
Senior Airman

Re: CH yoke and rudder peddles issues

Post by nojwod »

Yep all the CH stuff plugs directly in. The yoke and pedals must be 8 years old now, so a good clean is due. That's why I was asking for a link to cleaning advice...

And thanks for the info DVM I shall go to my local electronics store and get some non lube cleaner.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”