places to fly to

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
awash2002
A2A ACE

places to fly to

Post by awash2002 »

I could use some help big time I have no idea where to take my V35B Bonanza any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: places to fly to

Post by AviationAtWar »

I started in Michigan and down to Indiana, northwest and up the coast of Alaska. I island hopped and jumped over to Russia and turned around. I'm now working my way down the west coast exploring California, I then plan to move east and check out the new CityScene Orlando. Flying the west coast and Alaska is a lot of fun.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I'll plan a trip out to the west coast from Calhoun GA KCZL

Tino
Airman Basic

Post by Tino »

I've been flying between Orbx airports in the Pacific Northwest. Planning on my first cross country this weekend. Can't wait to see how she performs at higher altitudes over longer distances.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I fly mostly in the Northwest, but it's cold and rainy now, so I've got my Bonanza down in the Florida/Bahamas area. Might go check out the Doc Ford areas of Florida soon.

Seeya
ATB

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

What kind of flying experience are you looking for? Do you prefer mountains or flat areas? Big airports or little airports? Or are you just looking for something different you haven't tried yet?

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Something different I really like grass runways

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Bozeman Yellowstone International (KBZN) has a nice grass strip, and it's surrounded by some of the most majestic scenery in the country. I'm running the Orbx version of this airport and I can't remember if the stock one has the grass strip, though.

Scav
Senior Airman

Post by Scav »

ClipperLuna wrote:Bozeman Yellowstone International (KBZN) has a nice grass strip, and it's surrounded by some of the most majestic scenery in the country. I'm running the Orbx version of this airport and I can't remember if the stock one has the grass strip, though.
It does. It's really weird sometimes though because FSX ATC will default you to that grass runway especially if you're vectoring in from the east. And flying something wholly inappropriate for handling grass runways.

I'll also nominate KTHM - Thompson Falls, MT. It's a little bit further west (fly I-90 to Missoula, then west along one of the less-major roads towards Sandpoint/KCOE) and sandwiched in-between mountains. Follows a river quite nicely towards Mullan Pass.

Actually that entire area is rife with beauty. There's Polson Lake, Kalispell, Sandpoint in Idaho. South of Bozeman there's the Gallatin Pass (I-191) leading to West Yellowstone and eastern Idaho (Rexburg, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, etc.). Yellowstone in it's entirety; the Grand Tetons. You could follow the Mormon Pass south of Provo and spend a day snaking along I-89 towards Bryce Canyon, Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon; all of which is excellent virtual mountain flying.

Just east of Flagstaff there's an intact impact crater. In-between KGCN and Williams there's a private airfield that hosts a rather impressive warbird museum (Valle, 40G). Monument Valley is suitably awesome if you have that Orbx package. Hite (UT03) is not to be missed just for the challenge.

Durango, CO is another awesomely pretty stop. There's a narrow-gauge railroad that extends from downtown up to Silverton (that ORBX does decently capture) plus Mesa Verde.

I could go on . . .

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

Bazonka
Senior Airman

Post by Bazonka »

At the moment I fly alot in New Zealand. Bought all the Orbx scenery available and the terrain is very beautiful. You have big airports and also small and very remote airports. On the north island it is more flat, on the south island you have beautiful mountains, all that surrounded by sea.
i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - MSI RTX 2080 Super

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Scav
Senior Airman

Post by Scav »

Bazonka wrote:At the moment I fly alot in New Zealand. Bought all the Orbx scenery available and the terrain is very beautiful. You have big airports and also small and very remote airports. On the north island it is more flat, on the south island you have beautiful mountains, all that surrounded by sea.
Have you found places in Middle Earth yet?

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”