C172 Trainer P3d V4 extremelly nose up after take off

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ptisj
Airman Basic

C172 Trainer P3d V4 extremelly nose up after take off

Post by ptisj »

Hello dears I need your help.

I've bought an A2A Cessna 172 Trainer for P3d V4 (latest version and up to date) this week and everything is workimg perfectly, except when take off where the aircraft nose pitch up too high. Also the aircraft tries to take off itself around 60 ~ 65 Knots without applying any elevator to rotate.

I have set the elevator trim for take off position as in the before take off check list. One pilot onboard with around 100 kg and both fuel tank full.

My controlers are proflight yoke system, throtle quadrant and Cessna rudder pedals from SAITEK. All of them are set and calibrated well since they are working perfectly for all other phases of the flight with C172 and also other aircrafts I have installed.

I didn't find any topic similar this issue here and I kindly request your help if someone have faced the same issue and have the solutions.

Thanks a lot for all the attention.

PTISJ

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Re: C172 Trainer P3d V4 extremelly nose up after take off

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Since you’ve already checked the obvious items (latest version/all updated, controls calibrated...), I’m gonna go ahead with the next obvious question:

Have you done your preflight checks and/or checked the maintenance hangar (Shift-8 or Shift-7 respectively)?

Let us know what you find.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

just to add to Olivers response a thing to check will also be the aircraft loading, the conditions to which you are flying. Also remember a 172R will take off by itself, unlike a heavier 182 the 172 is very eager to get into the air. Make sure you control the aircraft and tell the aircraft what to do. Don't let it control you.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello PTISJ,

One further point to add to the advice above, is that the aircraft's pitch behaviour during take-off will depend on whether you have the factory stock 75" / 70° propeller fitted, or the optional 'S equivalent' 76" / 60° prop which gives an extra 20 hp. With the more powerful S equivalent prop, the 172 will tend to pitch up more readily on take-off, so an initial trim setting which is slightly nose down may be beneficial.

However, with the stock prop, significant nose down pitch inputs shouldn't be needed after take-off if the trim is in the take-off position.

The prop can be swapped in the maintenance hangar (shift 8 ). Which do you currently have fitted?

Thanks,
Nick

MX-Leader
Airman First Class

Post by MX-Leader »

Im having the same issues now and noticed that my elevator slider has also disappeared. Loading within CG. Control peripherals are all working great with all other add ons. Something is up for some of us.

Trim is goofy now too.

This showed up after having been away from the 172 for awhile, but I do have a hundred hours or so in it and have a pretty good idea that something isn't right.

Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please elaborate on this
"elevator slider has also disappeared"

If you don't have this I would question how you have the software installed, are you using old installers, old versions of the software?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

@PTISJ

How your controls are set up? Through the standard P3D controls or through the FSUIPC? I had a similar thing when I set my axes to "Send direct to FSUIPC calibration" in FSUIPC.

Now, for a C172 it's normal to lift off all by itself, but at a bit higher speed. Consider this also.

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

ptisj wrote: Also the aircraft tries to take off itself around 60 ~ 65 Knots without applying any elevator to rotate.
Interesting anecdote, but this correct for the real aircraft. 8) Rotation speed is 55 KIAS (51 KIAS if you're doing a Short Field takeoff). How do I know this? One day I was giving flight instruction to a student that was a dedicated XPlane user. He wanted to try a bunch of experiments in our C-172 to see how it reacted compared to his simulator. With my supervision, we performed a takeoff with 2 adults (~190lbs each) in the front seats, empty back seat, and maybe 5 lbs of supplies in the cargo compartment... flaps 10 and takeoff trim.. and the aircraft lifted itself off the runway at about 60-65 knots with no input on the yoke. I can't remember the flaps setting, so it might have even been up.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

ilya1502 wrote:Consider this also.
Thanks for linking that.

I don't use FSUIPC with P3Dv2.5 but my CH Products controls have a curve you can set. I have the minimum curve set on elevator and aileron with none on rudder and I find the A2A aircraft work fine.

If A2A is tuning their aircraft to use a curve in FSUIPC and the users aren't doing this, then the controls will be wrong for the user. For them it may be necessary to do some fine tuning in the config file.

I just assume the A2A aircraft are flying properly and don't mess with configs unless absolutely necessary. It has only been necessary once and it was no longer needed after an update.

Hook

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”