Do Not Understand

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: Do Not Understand

Post by Hook »

I changed the plane I am currently flying from the default of 30 to 60 and it is just perfect. Thanks all for the advice.

Hook

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

wblackret wrote:The change in the contact point did the trick CAPFlyer, thanks again, I appreciate the help. And thanks to all that replied, 60 worked the best for me also. Back to flying again! This is such a great forum!
No problem. It's a common misconception that it's an "error". It's more of a preference by the pilot and designer as none of the Flight Simulators out there really allow for the proper multiple types of tailwheel control that exist without external gauge programming to modify the behavior.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Yeah. To put it in perspective, 40 was ideal for me with the A2A B-17. I would love to try that out in P3D though. :wink:

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

CAPFlyer wrote:As I suspected.
wblackret wrote:point.0=1, -15.71, 0.0, -0.89, 1800, 0, 0.256, 180.0, 0.03, 1.5, 1.2, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
The number in bold is the "pivot angle" for the tailwheel. When set to 180, FSX/P3D takes that to mean that it is a free castoring tailwheel. As such, the only way to steer it is with differential braking and power plus what limited rudder authority you get.

If you want to get direct steering, change that value to 90. It'll still give you significant steering angle, but it'll "engage" the direct steering capability. The only way to allow for the real semi-locked tailwheel to function correctly is through a gauge, and I guess they didn't design one to give the functionality.
Ok how you know that is astounding. How do you know something as obscure as that? Most impressive.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

20+ years in flightsimming. I've created and edited flight dynamics (mostly for myself) starting in FS98 up through FS2002. I still do minor stuff from time to time, but I've left most of the editing to the professionals because there's been a lot of changes introduced since FS2004 that I'm not as well versed in.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”