Comanche engine won't start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
piperpilot
Airman

Comanche engine won't start

Post by piperpilot »

HI everyone!

Had not flown the comanche for several weeks. Now I cannot start the engine either with control E, or using the autostart.

Help appreciated.

Lennie in NC.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Comanche engine won't start

Post by Oracle427 »

Go over the checklist line by line and make sure you are doing everything.
Check all circuit breakers to make sure the starter CB isn't tripped.
Lastly, check the maintenance hanger for problems.

Make sure there is fuel in the airplane and that there is fuel supply open to the engine.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Oracle427 wrote:Go over the checklist line by line and make sure you are doing everything.
Check all circuit breakers to make sure the starter CB isn't tripped.
Lastly, check the maintenance hanger for problems.

Make sure there is fuel in the airplane and that there is fuel supply open to the engine.
Pretty much spot on for the basics to check in the sim.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

piperpilot
Airman

Post by piperpilot »

Thanks, Gents!

Will get at it soon, appreciate help!

r601020
Senior Airman

Post by r601020 »

Don't know the extent of their programming, but gasoline has a time for usefulness, so draining the tanks and refilling them might be in order if nothing else works.
Richard

seefer
Airman Basic

Post by seefer »

Just bought this today and had trouble starting the engine following the checklist and using the tablet to remove all the items in Misc as well as checking breakers. Turns out that as a flight sim noob, on the engine start checklist step 1 for Fuel selectors, I was assuming it meant the Tank Selector next to the landing gear control labelled FUEL / AUX. I did not notice the two tank selectors between the seats. I also knew something was not quite right at step 7 when turning on the fuel pump and step 8 to check the fuel pressure, tthe fuel pressure gauge did not move at all. After selecting one of the tanks using the controls between the seats, everything was fine.

This does highlight one concern I have with the checklists for many third-party aircraft add-ons. They should offer newcomers a more 'assisted' checklist option on the tablet so that you can click on the checklist entries and the camera points at the controls in question and highlights them. This will help with cockpit familiarisation. The default checklist assistance for the default Cessna C172 is amazing at this for newcomers. It even draws boxes around PFD indicators such as battery levels, amps and fuel. Third-party aircraft authors should cater to newcomers who need to get familiar with the plane using in-sim assist options like this on the tablet. Once familiar with the place you can turn off these assist options and do things as they do in the real-world.

Other than that, this is a great add-on aircraft. Great audio work too 👍
Last edited by seefer on 11 Mar 2024, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.

allentj14
Airman Basic

Post by allentj14 »

I had this problem on 3/19/24. I watched the very helpful youtube video A2A put out on how to start it and nothing. Read all the forums and nothing. Someone mentioned the tow bar and I noticed that sometimes i would get engine sound when selecting it. So here's my fix, After ensuring that you've done everything correctly by watching the youtube video:
Go to Controls on the tablet
There's a giant T in the middle for the "tow bar"
Hit this and it will bring you outside the facing the prop
Hit the T again to bring you back inside
Do this repeatedly until the engine starts

I have to spam the T button 3-20 times before i get an engine start. It works every time but a major pain. Neofly also doesn't recognize when the engine is running when manual starting it or by doing this so hit auto engine start again (CNTRL+E) and it will figure it out. I hope this helps.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

allentj14 wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 21:57 I had this problem on 3/19/24. I watched the very helpful youtube video A2A put out on how to start it and nothing. Read all the forums and nothing. Someone mentioned the tow bar and I noticed that sometimes i would get engine sound when selecting it. So here's my fix, After ensuring that you've done everything correctly by watching the youtube video:
Go to Controls on the tablet
There's a giant T in the middle for the "tow bar"
Hit this and it will bring you outside the facing the prop
Hit the T again to bring you back inside
Do this repeatedly until the engine starts

I have to spam the T button 3-20 times before i get an engine start. It works every time but a major pain. Neofly also doesn't recognize when the engine is running when manual starting it or by doing this so hit auto engine start again (CNTRL+E) and it will figure it out. I hope this helps.
Hello,

this forum is for the FSX and P3D Comanche so best to post it in the Comanche tech support forum for the MSFS version. Though one thing I'd rather you do is post that you are having trouble starting the aircraft so we can help. The method your finding sounds like you have simply flooded the engine. If you are following the video to the letter and the engine isn't starting then what you are experiencing is a feature not an issue. The video is how to get the engine started for that Comanche on that day, please remember the start procedure as with real life aircraft might need some changing depending on aircraft and environment factors. If you just want to get up and running you can hit auto start otherwise we have made sure to not model the simulation so x = engine start but rather its a realistic engine simulation. So get a post up so we can help you out.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”