New Guppy Paint, New Story - The Big Fish Air Cargo Story

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

New Guppy Paint, New Story - The Big Fish Air Cargo Story

Post by Warbirds »

THE BIG FISH STORY (or be careful of what you wish for)
Big Fish Air Cargo would fly anywhere and take any sized load but they wanted more exposure for their small company so, after a board meeting at the local bar, they decided that a new plane and a distinctive paint scheme would put them back in the game. They bought a derelict B-377 Guppy and then searched the world for an artist that would take the daunting job of painting it. Only one man would agree to do it, famous Italian ceiling painter Mario Fishgumbanio. Mario was shipped here, along with a load of fish, on a Big Fish DC 3 and he quickly took the project to heart working night and day for a year before finally completing the gigantic paint job.

Mario with his masterpiece (old photo found in hangar bath room);

As it turned out Mario spent more money on paint than the plane was worth so after it was done they fired Mario and he was rushed back to Italy and his ceilings. Embarrassed by the extravagant paint job and ruined from the cost they stored the plane in a secluded hangar so no one would ever see it again. Recently the plane was discovered covered with years of dust and bird droppings in a large run down hangar in New Jersey and brought out in the light for all of us to enjoy (?).

Big Fish as recently found;

Ad for Big Fish Air Cargo discovered in hippy commune along with several old rock'n roll posters;

Now you can enjoy Mario's work just by going to Flightsim.com and searching for "guppy_bigfish.zip" - or you might want to go out and buy rose colored glasses instead.

Small print: Disclaimer, this paint only works with A2A B-377 Guppy with Cotts update.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

rc flyer
Staff Sergeant

Re: New Guppy Paint, New Story - The Big Fish Air Cargo Stor

Post by rc flyer »

....and I thought I was hallucinating when I saw that thing fly over back in the 60's :wink:

Steve

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

That would have been even cooler if this had been a true story.

You think you can do something like FedEx, USPS, or Evergreen Cargo paints for the Guppy?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Love it, love the creativity of the original repaint, the added story and the general fact it makes me smile and laugh. Thankyou! :mrgreen: 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”