[SOLVED] Only my Com/Nav 2 and GPS seem to be working.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
domini99
Senior Airman

[SOLVED] Only my Com/Nav 2 and GPS seem to be working.

Post by domini99 »

I was doing a random flight, while starting i noticed parts of the instrument panel wouldn't work.
During climb they didn't come to live too, i already restarted FSX and my PC.

Anybody knows what's causing this and how to fix it? I don't think i'm supposed to fly with only one radio operating :(
I don't even know if the transponder works.

Did i miss something? Is there a switch i forgot to flip?
Last edited by domini99 on 23 Aug 2014, 06:01, edited 1 time in total.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Only my Com/Nav 2 and GPS seem to be working.

Post by lonewulf47 »

What is the position of the NAV/GPS switch? (to be found in the lower left part of the panel, adjacent to the A/P Master switch...) If this switch is set to GPS then the RBI NAV1 is used for GPS tracking. It will show all OFF flags unless a GPS routing (normal route or DCT TO) is inserted.

Edit: sorry, I didn't note that the whole NAVCOM1 unit is powerless. This clearly indicates a power failure -> fuse popped out
Last edited by lonewulf47 on 23 Aug 2014, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

domini99
Senior Airman

Post by domini99 »

lonewulf47 wrote:What is the position of the NAV/GPS switch? (to be found in the lower left part of the panel, adjacent to the A/P Master switch...) If this switch is set to GPS then the RBI NAV1 is used for GPS tracking. It will show all OFF flags unless a GPS routing (normal route or DCT TO) is inserted.
I don't remember using the autopilot but I'll take a look, thanks for the response :)

domini99
Senior Airman

Post by domini99 »

Moving the switch doesn't seem to help anything :(

FlameOut
Staff Sergeant

Post by FlameOut »

I cannot see very clearly in a dark screenshot & I'm "4-eyed", but is that 5 amp breaker NAVCOMM "popped out", second from the far right.

domini99
Senior Airman

Post by domini99 »

FlameOut wrote:I cannot see very clearly in a dark screenshot & I'm "4-eyed", but is that 5 amp breaker NAVCOMM "popped out", second from the far right.
I don't think it is, but i am now reinstalling the aircraft and hope it comes back to life again.

domini99
Senior Airman

Post by domini99 »

Reinstallation finished, re-run the update and it all seems to be working now again :)

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

FlameOut wrote:I cannot see very clearly in a dark screenshot & I'm "4-eyed", but is that 5 amp breaker NAVCOMM "popped out", second from the far right.
Yes, indeed, you are right. The fuse cap is definitely in the "out" position! Hovering the mouse ober the cap would have shown its state. No reason to re-install the whole A/C. A bit of troubleshooting is always the better solution... :D Don't forget, it's a A2A AccuSim model. Things like that CAN happen... 8) :lol:
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

domini99
Senior Airman

Post by domini99 »

lonewulf47 wrote:
Yes, indeed, you are right. The fuse cap is definitely in the "out" position! Hovering the mouse ober the cap would have shown its state. No reason to re-install the whole A/C. A bit of troubleshooting is always the better solution... :D Don't forget, it's a A2A AccuSim model. Things like that CAN happen... 8) :lol:
Geez this plane is too damn realistic, i'll watch better next time :D

kapjadi
Senior Airman

Post by kapjadi »

Geez this plane is too damn realistic, i'll watch better next time :D[/quote]

Lol, It's not easy reinstalling FSX, for me it will take a week with all my add-ons.... that's why I kept on visiting this site everyday to look for fix of the problem before doing something silly.. just by reading all the support topics I learned a lot. :D

domini99
Senior Airman

Post by domini99 »

kapjadi wrote:Geez this plane is too damn realistic, i'll watch better next time :D
Lol, It's not easy reinstalling FSX, for me it will take a week with all my add-ons.... that's why I kept on visiting this site everyday to look for fix of the problem before doing something silly.. just by reading all the support topics I learned a lot. :D[/quote]

Hahaha for me apparently the same, but i always choose reinstalling FSX as last, i just re-run the Cherokee installer, which takes about 5 minutes :)
When i'm finally done reinstalling FSX i'll be old enough to get my own airplane :P

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”