Nav1 DME is not giving me a ground speed for the VORDME?

new reply
sam-tx
Airman

Nav1 DME is not giving me a ground speed for the VORDME?

Post by sam-tx »

Flying right now at ~10k feet. The VORDME is connected and giving me both VOR and DME, but the radio isn't showing me a ground speed or TTS for the VOR?
Happened twice consecutively now. I'm also not getting the morse code for the VORDME (but I do for the ADF). I have the volume up, so it's not that.

Unusual behavior.

Jvp89
Airman

Re: Nav1 DME is not giving me a ground speed for the VORDME?

Post by Jvp89 »

I think only VOR2 gives DME, and TTS

the_gamer_guy56
Airman Basic

Post by the_gamer_guy56 »

I find it takes around 10-20 seconds for it to calculate groundspeed and sometimes displays 999 during this time, it would make sense that it also wouldn't be able to get TTS before it figures out your ground speed. Also like someone else said, if you replace the first radio unit with a GPS, only the second narco unit has DME.

sam-tx
Airman

Post by sam-tx »

I'm not getting anything at all, and I don't have a GPS installed. The ADF works and gives me the annoying morse beeps, but not the nav1 or nav2.

This is very useful because you know when the next VOR has come in range if you're flying VOR to VOR.

Jvp89
Airman

Post by Jvp89 »

maybe a screenshot could help?

tomdalton
Airman Basic

Post by tomdalton »

sam-tx wrote: 10 Nov 2023, 13:41 I'm not getting anything at all, and I don't have a GPS installed. The ADF works and gives me the annoying morse beeps, but not the nav1 or nav2.

This is very useful because you know when the next VOR has come in range if you're flying VOR to VOR.
Hi, in order to hear the VOR beep, you also need to pull the IDENT knob right next to the VOR frequency rotaty selector.
Left Click then middle wheel button on the knob should pull it.

I didn't know that until I checked the FAQ on the forum, I advise you to check it too.

sam-tx
Airman

Post by sam-tx »

tomdalton wrote: 14 Nov 2023, 14:19
sam-tx wrote: 10 Nov 2023, 13:41 I'm not getting anything at all, and I don't have a GPS installed. The ADF works and gives me the annoying morse beeps, but not the nav1 or nav2.

Hi, in order to hear the VOR beep, you also need to pull the IDENT knob right next to the VOR frequency rotaty selector.
Left Click then middle wheel button on the knob should pull it.

I didn't know that until I checked the FAQ on the forum, I advise you to check it too.
I tried that but that just cycles between the current frequency, and the bearings to/from.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

sam-tx wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 18:36 I tried that but that just cycles between the current frequency, and the bearings to/from.
That's pushing the knob. To pull the knob use middle mouse click.
Michael Krawczyk

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

I noticed the same issue with no ground speed on a recent flight. Two different VOR/DMEs in the south of England (DET + SFD). Not an issue I'd noticed before. I got the distance read-out but no matter how long I waited, no ground speed. So I thought it could be a bug with the latest patch, but presumably it's intermittent else others would have noticed by now.

I am using the Narco avionics and was using NAV1. I was VFR anyway so it didn't matter, but with recent strong winds, the ground speed is nice (or not) to see :D Will check it again next time I fly.

sam-tx
Airman

Post by sam-tx »

some1 - A2A wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 03:25
sam-tx wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 18:36 I tried that but that just cycles between the current frequency, and the bearings to/from.
That's pushing the knob. To pull the knob use middle mouse click.
There we go! This is different from the behavior in P3D afaik. It was controlled with the lighted buttons on the radio speaker thing. It's also very quiet so as to be barely discernible.

new reply

Return to “Comanche 250 for MSFS”