Elevator trim handle in "notches"?

new reply
Bob919
Airman

Elevator trim handle in "notches"?

Post by Bob919 »

I have a GearFalcon analog trim wheel. As I rotate the wheel the trim handle on the overhead stays in one place until the GF trim wheel has turned a certain amount then the handle jumps to the next position. The nose will rise or drop with the sudden movement of the handle. Is the real plane like this?

Bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Elevator trim handle in "notches"?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bob,

No, this isn't how it should be working, the trim response should be smooth and continuous, so sounds like something is amiss with your hardware setup. This could be something like a control conflict, if you can give us a little more info on how the hardware is assigned (e.g. what software do you use?) we may be able to help find the cause.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Bob919
Airman

Post by Bob919 »

I did a little digging - something I should've done before I posted! In the Windows Game Controller calibration page the GearFalcon trim wheel I'm using shows data input changes of 3. For example: 512; 515; 518 ;521 etc. Those are the "notches" I'm seeing.

Sorry about that - the problem is at my end and has nothing to do with the plane.

You can close this thread.

Bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No problem Bob, thanks for the update and good to hear you've been able to find the culprit.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Comanche 250 for MSFS Tech Support”