The BDG is always looking for Testers and other Skills

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
Cherkassov54
Staff Sergeant

Re: The BDG is always looking for Testers and other Skills

Post by Cherkassov54 »

@mss send a pm to Buddeye if still interested, the more the merrier!

S! Bill

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Testers, new and old, we have some new 2.13 code to play with,
if you're available...

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Bumping the current tester request. Is everybody off
on vacation?

flyer138
Airman Basic

Post by flyer138 »

Greetings everyone,

I am new to this forum but enjoyed BobII and especially 2.12 very much for quite some time now.

Recently, I came across this "call for testers". I would like to enlist as a tester and give it a try.

If you require some background on me - here is a short sum:

Since I was a teenager, I have been interested in history about WWII, the aircraft, people and tactics. There are quite some books filling my living room today. Over the years, I have been playing with many different kinds of simulations. So, I could say that I am a seasoned sim pilot. However, I must admit that I got really sick flying in a real Yak52 trainer plane recently. This never happened while flying loops with BobII planes.

Besides, I also have some experience in software engineering and even testing. In the office, I am some kind of researcher working in the field of software architectures.

So, how can I be of help?

Cheers

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi and welcome to BOBII.

I will add your User ID to our Beta forum where all of our testing is coordinated. You should see the Beta forum the next time you visit.

Just post a "Howdy" and introduce yourself so the other members can welcome you.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

phaedrus1962
Airman Basic

Post by phaedrus1962 »

Just wanted to 'throw my hat into the ring' as far as any help I might be able to provide. I am a 'history buff' from way, way back; studied World War II, Nazi Germany, and Russian history in college (as electives to my Aerospace Engineering degree), so the interest is there. I can't really offer any help, yet, so far as game playing (have just ordered the game two nights ago ;-) ), but I am pretty good at things like MS-Word, editing, proof-reading, etc., so if I can be of any help in working on the manual, I would be more than happy to oblige. Once I get some time with the game, would also be glad to assist in testing.

Thanks for all the efforts put forth by the BDG - I have been looking forward to finding a quality Battle of Britain simulator for a long time.

All the best,
phaedrus

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Let us know when you get BoBII and are a bit familiar with it.
We made some big changes recently, mostly to the Campaign code, and are looking for testers

Cherkassov54
Staff Sergeant

Post by Cherkassov54 »

Welcome aboard guys.
S!
Bill

Webz1982
Airman First Class

Post by Webz1982 »

I can start testing and flying. Just setting up BOB2 again.

Couple of initial thoughts (know i've been away for ages so have no standing, so take these as you see fit)

It might be helpful to have a sticky of "nightly builds" so we can keep current on the files. (builds don't have to be nightly, but at least there's a quick link to the files we all should be using)

Just getting back up to speed has been a bit of a minefield trying to get the correct build.

Anyway just my few thoughts.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

On the Beta forum, you will find a topic called v2.13, latest files.
It has everything you need. As soon as you're ready, check the
most current post on the forum from two27 for a specific test
requested immediately.

Lofty Anstruther
Senior Airman

Post by Lofty Anstruther »

Hello

I have been interested in the Battle of Britain since I was a boy and have been and remain an avid reader of books and viewer of documentaries regarding the Battle. The 'Time Machine' continues to give me an additional insight into the Battle and gives me a glimpse as to what it must have been like to have been a pilot (and indeed Sir Keith Park!). I have enjoyed BOB2 since it first came out and I am so grateful for the constant improvements made by the BDG ever since. I now have a little bit more leisure time available and having derived such pleasure from BOB2 I think that its time for me to make a contribution - however modest.

I would therefore like to offer some help if needed.

I'm not a computer programmer and my PC is a bit long in the tooth - AMD Phenom II x4 955 (3.2ghz) processor, GeForce GTX 275 graphics card (2668 Meg memory), 4 gig of RAM, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1. I also use TrackIR and a Saitek X45 stick and throttle.

But if I can help either in relation to historical research or testing (or if you can think of anything else that I might usefully contribute), I would be glad to insofar as I am able.
"Home and tea. For once you deserve it, well done everybody"

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Lofty Anstruther,

We do not get many volunteers lately. It has been very quiet on the General Forum and the BDG Beta Testing forum compared to years past.
What is left of the BDG is a small core of 3 men working on things, and a handful of infrequent testers.
We do have my many new BFIELDS and ground Targets changes to test, and our coder has new code to test,
mostly dealing with some repairs and common sense fixes to the Random Skills code, which I need to test, too.

So, there are things to test, and I like volunteers.
You have also been very helpful lately, to some new BoBII players offering sound and sensible advice.

Therefore I have added you to BDG Beta Testing forum.
If you can see the BDG Beta Testing forum on the Board index, then you should have access. If so, please report in. :)
If not, then let me know, although I see your name there now as a member.

Aloha!

Lofty Anstruther
Senior Airman

Post by Lofty Anstruther »

Aloha Stickman et al!

Yes I do have access to the BOB Beta Testing page - thank you.

Looking forward to trying to be of some help to you. Let me know when you have something for me to do and also if you want to know any more about me of my PC's specs.

Cheers!
"Home and tea. For once you deserve it, well done everybody"

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

There is a pinned topic on the Beta Testers forum called Who Are We Testers?
You can introduce yourself there, and yes, please give us your computer specs.

Last week I started packing up all of my stuff, plus some work from others (about 200 modified files) that was done in 2016, ready to hand over to folks.
I will get that uploaded tonight or tomorrow.
Just need to add in the Shipwright's Arms pub and associated boat repair shops on Hollow Shore by Faversham creek, as per Shadow Shooter's request. Since he helped me recently.

We also have some new code to test.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”