New Bob2 Missions: Battle of France

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Buddye
BDG

Re: NOW AVAILABLE! Battle of France for BOBII

Post by Buddye »

I would try version 2.08 as it will give you some major AI enhancements without killing FPS.

Really worth a try, IMHO.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Helmut_AUT
Senior Airman

Post by Helmut_AUT »

Curious: Will these BoF files need to be updated for BoB 2.11?

I would think so...?

Helmut_AUT
Senior Airman

Post by Helmut_AUT »

Wouldn't the BoF installer try to add stuff that was newer than 2.10 but not quite 2.11?

philip.ed
Staff Sergeant

Post by philip.ed »

Helmut_AUT wrote:Wouldn't the BoF installer try to add stuff that was newer than 2.10 but not quite 2.11?
Then, maybe, extract it to a different location and copy/paste to your BoB2 folder. If any files are the same, it'll ask you if you want to replace ;)

oki
Airman

Post by oki »

I have updated my install to 2.11 (after totally cleaning out the hard drive and registry and preparing a fresh install) plus multiskin. All looks good, but with multiskin installed, I cannot see a single bf110 texture, they are there but all white. When watching a few of them in the distance, they seem to put on textures but they are too far then to see any details.

....and BOF does not start. I get a funny error message, saying a file (but no file name given) in SHPBIN4 is missing. When restarting there is a long list of missing files and the error message turns up again.

I am sailing on an old RADEON 9600 video card. What sort of problem is this? Or should I do without multiskin and BOF until I get a better machine??

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

oki wrote:I have updated my install to 2.11 (after totally cleaning out the hard drive and registry and preparing a fresh install) plus multiskin. All looks good, but with multiskin installed, I cannot see a single bf110 texture, they are there but all white. When watching a few of them in the distance, they seem to put on textures but they are too far then to see any details.
That will happen if you don't have the 2.11 Multiskin, I think. You really have 2.11 update and 2.11 Multiskin?

oki wrote: ....and BOF does not start. I get a funny error message, saying a file (but no file name given) in SHPBIN4 is missing. When restarting there is a long list of missing files and the error message turns up again.

I am sailing on an old RADEON 9600 video card. What sort of problem is this? Or should I do without multiskin and BOF until I get a better machine??
That shpbin4 error may be a problem with compatibility between BoF and 2.11. I'll have a look and see if I can recreate it.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Hello oki.

Yes, there is an issue here. Thank you very much for raising the issue.

For now 2.11 (which is fully tested and solid) is not compatible with the Battle of France update (which was made earlier, based on 2.10). I can already see the problem.

I must apologise whilst we fix it.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

oki
Airman

Post by oki »

thanks for the prompt reply!

no need to apologise, I understood from the forum discussions that BOF has not really been tested with the 2.11 update and issues are possible.....

yes, my multiskin version is definitely 2.11 and I have installed it AFTER the BOB update. The other models (at least the bf109, spitfires, hurricanes) work fine in multiskin. I have also tried various settings (texture quality etc.) but no luck...

marine
Technical Sergeant

Post by marine »

Yes,tried the BOF with the 2.11 update,i also have the same problem,restored BOB from the BOF files,but i'm not able to fly BOB now,
so it looks like a complete uninstall now for BOB,and a new install,unless there is a solution to it.
Not a big problem if i have to do it.
you live and learn,and die and forget.

CPU Intel E8400 Core 2 [email protected] O/[email protected] CRUCIAL MEM 6400,V/C Ati 6870 1GB mem,MB GA- p35ds3r,s/c 5.1 santa cruz,Viewsonic 2650 LCD 26" Screen

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Oki, that's very odd. If it's white then it's not finding the texture.
If you reapply the 2.11 update and then 2.11 Multiskin, the Bf110 skins should work fine (no need to uninstall, you can overlay).
Worst case you can remove the file cockpm16\Bf110.fx and you will default to the base skin and markings (but lose Multiskin for that aircraft type).

I will put up a fix for the Battle of France update to make it compatible with 2.11 shortly.

GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

oki
Airman

Post by oki »

I have a feeling the texture problem in multiskin with the bf110 has to do with my machine somehow. As I said the models seem to find the textures in the distance. To disable the multiskin function just for the bf110 may be the best for now...

thanks for the hint and good luck with the BOF upgrade.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Marine, it appears that uninstalling the BoF pack resets the game to 2.10. The quick fix for that should be to just reinstall 2.11 over it, I don't think you need to do a complete game reinstall.

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Yes, that's right. Just overlay 2.11. That'll fix it.

I have fixed the Battle of France issue. Will put up some small patches today.

GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

marine
Technical Sergeant

Post by marine »

PV wrote:Marine, it appears that uninstalling the BoF pack resets the game to 2.10. The quick fix for that should be to just reinstall 2.11 over it, I don't think you need to do a complete game reinstall.
PV.
Thanks for the clue to the problem,i did go into the BOB Exe Icon "properties"(after installing BOF,messed up the 2.11)and found out that it had gone back to 2.10.
So i did as you said,installed the 2.11,and multiskin,and was able to play BOF,it did come up with the corrupt lines lines before starting,but then it started okay,
tried it out several times,no problems.

So i tried BOF Restore,but then it went back to square one being corrupt again.
So it does need a update,so for the time being,i can still play BOF.
you live and learn,and die and forget.

CPU Intel E8400 Core 2 [email protected] O/[email protected] CRUCIAL MEM 6400,V/C Ati 6870 1GB mem,MB GA- p35ds3r,s/c 5.1 santa cruz,Viewsonic 2650 LCD 26" Screen

Bader
BDG

Post by Bader »

Ok, here we are gents. Whilst fixing this, I have taken the opportunity to fix the base skins for the correct period for any non-Multiskin users.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixes for Battle of France Installation
31st June 2010

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
These updates will make the Battle of France update compatible with BoBII 2.11.
* HERE-> http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob_dev/P ... .11Fix.rar (13M) <-HERE (Base package fix)
* AND
* HERE-> http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob_dev/P ... kinFix.rar (2M) <-HERE (For Multiskin users)
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

To Install.

Apply these small patches *after* you have installed the Battle of France update.
Unpack them into your Battle of Britain II folder. You will be asked if you wish to overwrite existing files. Confirm this.

To Uninstall:

Do not use the uninstall function in the Battle of France update any more- simply reapply the main 2.11 installer package (and then reapply the 2.11 Multiskin update).

Note1: For Multiskin users. You will note that the BOF missions (they are all named BOF) have a default unit set on each side.
If you retain the suggested unit you will have historically accurate skins. You can select other units, but for the 109 you may get some post BoF schemes.

Note2: This updates the Battle of France package to use a 2.11 exe so has the latest fixes and updates.

GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”