New Bob2 Missions: Battle of France

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
cgjimeneza
Senior Airman

Re: NOW AVAILABLE! Battle of France for BOBII

Post by cgjimeneza »

PappyCain wrote:Heinkill,

On May 9, I was coming home from Cherbourg with a baguette between my knees and a salami, when I spotted these Dorniers, a whole gaggle. I ate the salami and watched until they landed and then I swooped down on the the bunch and blew them to smithereens -all but one that is. I was out of ammo. So I landed, jumped out of my cockpit and struck the dazed crew with the salami stick, grabbed a string of wieners and jumped back into my green machine. I thought this was gonna be hard? Perhaps you are starting us off with an easy mission. BTW, the mod with the French women is great. They were waving their hankies as I flew off.

S'
PC
froggetes? were are the froggetes?? me want to meet them...

to all of you, do get "The Big Show", by pierre closterman, a very good read...
Carlos Jimenez

stapme!
Senior Airman

Post by stapme! »

Gentlemen, this is a magnificent addition. I nearly jumped out of my seat when my stick gave a strong jolt the first time I fired the new Spitfire incarnation's guns. ☆☆☆☆☆ Stars in the Michelin Guide for flight sims, and my favorite.

Deathwing
Staff Sergeant

Post by Deathwing »

First time tonight I've really had the pleasure of some extended BoF flying time. Gentlemen, really wonderful work in so many respects... thanks to all who contributed.
AMD PII X4 955 3.2GHz BE, 8G DDR2, ATI 4890, Vista64, 24" Iiyama 1920x1080, MS FF SW2.

Oli
Senior Airman

Post by Oli »

Tsss, Tsss, Tsss... 8)

Sorry, gents.

I have to inform you that froggetes are only for froggies... :twisted:

heinkill
BDG

Post by heinkill »

Thanks for the nice words. If you enjoy BoF I am certain you will also enjoy the upcoming Tiger Moth add on.

In addition to the new training missions featuring the TM, it includes several 'challenge' missions, and a secondment to the Special Operations Executive... 8)

(Hint, learn your way around the Calais coast while you are up there in BoF...)
Looking for BOB missions, campaigns, and historical resources?

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.com

PappyCain
BDG

Post by PappyCain »

Ok, been researching until eyeballs dried up. Everything is fine except the distance on the terrain. It starts half way up the monitor screen and seems a shimmering distance of that is the right term. Used to be great before and I may have missed a setting in the bdg.txt. Any ideas?
"Was it something I said?" - 'Moggy' Cattermole 'Piece of Cake'
Core 2 Duo E6700, ASUS P5N-E-SLI, 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400,ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti, Coolermaster 650W PSU and Case, Audigy 2ZS Platinum, 5.1 Z-640, XP Pro, 22" CHIMEI LCD

heinkill
BDG

Post by heinkill »

The main change in 2.10 (tho it was not changed in BoF was hires tiles.) Is your problem particular to BoF? And not related to horizon setting in the options?

PappyCain
BDG

Post by PappyCain »

Heinkill, I need to check - I do know she was fine pre FOB, so I reset it back to original BOB and the issue remained - I suspect the bdg.text file kept the hires setting - what was the old setting? Can you paste up here?
Core 2 Duo E6700, ASUS P5N-E-SLI, 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400,ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti, Coolermaster 650W PSU and Case, Audigy 2ZS Platinum, 5.1 Z-640, XP Pro, 22" CHIMEI LCD

heinkill
BDG

Post by heinkill »

Suggest you try setting it to 1024 instead of 2048, though BoF doesn't overwrite the BDG text file :?:

PappyCain
BDG

Post by PappyCain »

Good. Now back to PSF 8) Pappy Saves France!! :D

rummsfeld
Airman Basic

Post by rummsfeld »

hello,

I cannot get this to work, i receive the error "File`weapon.txt´is missing".
I have a clean install of BOBII and updated to 2.10. Can somebody help me?
thanks!!
Pentium D dual core 2,8 Ghz, 2GB DDR3, Ati Radeon HD 2600, Soundblaster X-fi

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi rummsfeld,

Based on your error message you do not have a good install of version 2.10.

Here is the re-install procedure that I would recomend for you:

Each Step is Important

1. download the 2.10 self installer (just in case the first was bad/corrupted.
2. Uninstall old version or BoBII
3. Delete all files from the BoBII folder (leave none). [IMPORTANT: These old files left by the uninstaller can cause issues with the new EXE.]
4. Run a registry cleaner (like CC cleaner - a free program) as you had an old install of BobII (Very Important)
5. Reinstall BoBII game CD or Download version
6. Run (execute) the 2.10 the self- installers (only 2.10)

Now run some 2.10 missions many to ensure you have a good install and the game is running correctly on your PC.

After several days of testing 2.10, download and install BOF and report your progress in this thread.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

rummsfeld
Airman Basic

Post by rummsfeld »

hello Buddye,
you solved my problem, thanks a lot! it were the remmnants of the old installation.
But now i have decided to go back to the unmodded out-of the box game, because there I can switch all settings to maximum!

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

The out of the box game is really not all that stable. We have 5 years worth of development, stability fixes, new features, landscape fixes, and much more.

I have personally fixed many CTD, hangs, and broken features in the last 7 years.

I would recommend you would be happier running at lower settings until you can upgrade your PC.

Also I would recommend that you try running version 2.09 as it cost fewer FPS and it is very stable with super AI.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

rummsfeld
Airman Basic

Post by rummsfeld »

I figured out that version 2.07 is best for me. Here i can put most settings to maximum. All later versions are causing Problems for me and great FPS-loss, despite I have a Dual Core PC. But it is really great that you are still developing this great game !

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”