OT: Docu "Spitfire: The Plane that Saved the World"

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
McMick
Technical Sergeant

OT: Docu "Spitfire: The Plane that Saved the World"

Post by McMick »

This is a 2018 documentary, originally just titled Spitfire, that many of you may have seen, but if not, it's available on Netflix right now. It's also available for purchase in other places like Amazon. It's 1:34 minutes long and is very well presented. It has a lot of firsthand accounts from RAF pilots and other people. I even learned a few new things, which is pretty cool for a docu made for the general public. It has a lot of cuts in it, and the music is a bit over-the-top at times, trying to get all emotional on your behalf, but otherwise I would highly recommend it. Cheers!

IMDB link: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5913184/
Intel z170, i5-6600K, GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR4-2666, Win10 x64, TIR3+6DoF, MS SW FFB2, Viewsonic 22" LCD 60Hz 1080p

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: OT: Docu "Spitfire: The Plane that Saved the World"

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I’ve seen this too and it’s a great documentary. The camera angles and the filming is very good in my opinion. And lots of Merlin sounds so crank up that volume!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: OT: Docu "Spitfire: The Plane that Saved the World"

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Thanks very much it's free to watch for Amazon Prime Members here in the states (at least right now as I post) plus I can watch this with my Amazon Fire TV Dongle on my TV too.
It's getting late so I will watch the rest of it tomorrow when I have some spare time.
I just saw the beginning of the film and it looks like an excellent documentary :D

Quick Edit I watched a little more of the film.
Also I noticed that the Spitfire -First of the Few film from 1942 was also on Amazon Prime for viewing too as well for free as I write.

Another edit I just finished watching the rest of the Spitfire:The Plane that Saved the World Documentary documentary.
It was a wonderful inspiring film and experience.Bravo for your suggesting it :D
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”