Original BOB II WOV CD

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
LANcaster
Airman

Original BOB II WOV CD

Post by LANcaster »

Hi Guys,
Forgive me if this has already came up but i'm after an original DVD game installation as an .iso. (unpatched). My new machine does not have a DVD player. Patch 2.13 requires original installation and Window 10 compatibility patch also.

Am I right in my understanding below is the correct procedure for a fresh install under Win 10 (Its been 5+ years since i played).

1. Fresh BoB II WoV install from DVD (or .iso if someone knows of one?)
2. Install Windows 10 compatibility patch.
3. Install 2.13 patch.

Does that sound right?

Thanks a lot guys....

Lofty Anstruther
Senior Airman

Re: Original BOB II WOV CD

Post by Lofty Anstruther »

Hi there!

BoB can run in W10 but there are issues regarding the campaign mode and I believe that some players have had various issues when using single missions but I understand that these issues can vary for different users. Felizpe saved our collective bacon by preparing a patch which can be found along with lots of good advice here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=68917

This patch enabled BoB to run its campaign in versions 2.01, 2.02 & 2.03. He later added a further patch to add to the original that enables BoB to run campaign mode in v2.06. I believe that the last DVD version and the download version of BoB are v2.06. Further information (including the additional patch to enable 2.06) is here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=70972

At present BoB cannot run its campaign mode in versions more advanced than 2.06.

Hoope this helps!
"Home and tea. For once you deserve it, well done everybody"

PV
BDG

Re: Original BOB II WOV CD

Post by PV »

Lofty Anstruther wrote: 31 May 2021, 16:02
At present BoB cannot run its campaign mode in versions more advanced than 2.06.
That is, on Win 10. A dedicated drive or dual boot to Win7 will allow v2.13 to run, with fully polished campaign.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”