Does anyone still play battle of britain II ?

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
Fred901
Airman

Does anyone still play battle of britain II ?

Post by Fred901 »

Hi all,

I was wondering if there were still people playing this fabulous game: "Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory".

Since I switched to Windows 10, I haven't reinstalled the game because I know it doesn't play well on this operating system.

I have a second PC where I did a dual boot, win10 and win7. The problem is that my hard disk where win7 is installed is faulty, it does not recognize the devices.

I'm going to buy myself a simple SSD to finally be able to reinstall BOB II!!

What a wonderful simulator!! A great atmosphere!!!

In addition, the BDG has done a superb job. I also want to highlight the work of Boreas, Rogeroger and all the others who participated in this great BOB II adventure and who made this game magnificent despite its age!

Thank you all!

Vox
Airman

Re: Does anyone still play battle of britain II ?

Post by Vox »

I’ll still play a few rounds Aug-Sept in honor Battle of Britain day. I think this sim captures the period best for me and remains a favorite. BDG did a wonderful job. :thumbsup: I check this forum for news, mods, and hoping for a breakthrough.

I tried dual boot but when I upgraded hardware components I ran into a compatibility problem. I then decided to build a Win 7 /64 system specifically for older sims - one of the best decision I ever made.

Eisenfaust
Airman

Post by Eisenfaust »

I can't run it as I have Windows 11 and it doesn't run - which is a pitty.

But by now I basically switched to VR flying only anyways and don't have headtracking anymore...

Still I think the campaign system of the game is still the best ever developed for a WWII air combat sim - really graet and immersive!

Yet for the flying part I can't go back to 2D. :)

PipsPriller
Senior Airman

Post by PipsPriller »

I kept my old Win7 PC when I bought a new Win10 sometime ago.

Knew I would have difficulty with the older sims. So luckily I can still fly BoB II often. That and MiG Alley are two of my favourite sims. Always get a kick out of flying them. :)
"Somewhere out there is page 6!"
"But Emillo you promised ....... it's postpone"
ASWWIAH Member

Vox
Airman

Post by Vox »

I’m with you PP. Mig Alley without a doubt remains a favorite of mine too. Both campaigns in BoB2 and MA give me that “Time Machine” feeling, i.e. A sense of time and place.

MA runs well on the same win7/64 bit machine I use for BOB2 but it failed for me on win 10 testing.

Win7 64bit Home, i3-6320 3.9 GHz, ASRock Z270 MB, DDR4 16GB, Samsung 2x SSDs, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB , Trackir and Cougar HoTAs

Old Penguin
Airman Basic

Post by Old Penguin »

I got it (V2.13) somehow working in Windows10 a long time ago, with infrequent crashes to desktop.

After upgrade of my laptop to Windows11, it looked as if it was finally broken, but I tried reinstalling the V2.13 again, and after some rounds in the Windowe compatibility troubleshooter (Windows 7 compatibility mode, run as administrator, nothing else selected in the compatibility properties) it runs like on Windows10

Important: disable ALL videos in the BDG.txt configuration file
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

I still play a quick dogfight mission now and again, and when I get an idea for a good terrain, and this on trusty old win7.

Lofty Anstruther
Senior Airman

Post by Lofty Anstruther »

hi Guys!
I still fire up the old girl from time to time, always playing the campaign. Although Felizpe did a brilliant job to get the campaign to run with version 2.6, it is such a shame that its not possible to play the campaign with the subsequen mods on a win 10 machine.
"Home and tea. For once you deserve it, well done everybody"

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”