Albatros D.III (Oeffag) 1.1 Update

The Austro-Hungarian Empire's finest scout
lucas
Staff Sergeant

Albatros D.III (Oeffag) 1.1 Update

Post by lucas »

Hello,

We would like to present a 1.1 patch for the Oeffag. Finally! I am sorry that it took so long, but I really hope that you will enjoy the patch and the plane.
At this point I would like to thank few individuals, who helped to bring the plane to another level. First of all, the plane received totally reworked flight dynamics thanks to great help of John Cagle. John is a well respected community memeber who worked on flight engineering for some very finest FS addons. His work with the Albatros created a totally different 'feel' of the plane, mostly reactions for the controls, propeller behaviour and finally stall and spin behaviour. I hope that you will enjoy flying this bird and perform aerobatics. Cross the controls and fall into a spin and then try to recover :)
I would also like to thank Rob and Some1 from the A2A Core Team who helped with the ASI code (Rob) and stick lock (Some1). Thanks Guys, that would not be possible without your help and input! Tomasz, the modeller of the Albatros, created an ASI gauge which was painted, animated and installed on the plane :) Finally, I would like to thank Scott, the whole A2A Team and the fantastic Beta Team for giving some great input during the tests!
So... here is the list of the features and fixes:

- Reworked flight dynamics
- New external cameras
- ASI gauge mounted on the left wing strut
- Stick lock device which allows you to lock the stick in the desired position, just like it was in the original plane and many other German-constructed designs, like Fokker D.VII for example
- Corrected behaviour of the slip indicator
- Few corrections to the tooltips

Patch link: http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... Update.zip

Some notes on the patch:
1. Before installing the patch, backup your old Aircraft.cfg if you have some additional skins installed. After patching the plane, you will be able to copy the old entries and paste them into the new aircraft.cfg file (just like you do in every A2A plane once the new Accusim in released)

2. To lock the stick you can click the handle mounted on your stick using your mouse, or just press the elevator trim key (up, or down, it is up to you) once. To unlock the stick, click on the handle or press the button on your stick or keyboard.

We hope that you will enjoy the patch. If you will have any questions, I will try to answer them.

Best regards,
Lucas

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Re: Albatros D.III (Oeffag) 1.1 Update

Post by rosariomanzo »

Downloading, thanks!
Ros

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

This one flies nice. Seems to be capable of aerobatics, and handles even snap rolls properly. No buggy behavior (i.e stuff like stalling horizontally or gaining altitude while in a corkscrew stall) in flight model. A bit over-effective on ground with engine rpm cut back but less so than it was before. Overall better balanced than 1.0.

The lockable stick (instead of regular elevator trim) make flying it also quite unique... and more authentic as old canvas planes didn't have trim tabs.

The plane feels more unstable, which I would consider good since Albatros was a very lightweight plane. Sure, it was rather sturdy compared to some competing aircraft of it's time but they were still all kites.

With this update the flight model is so much improved that I'd say it ties with NeoQB's Focker DR.I (which is even more unstable, and has severe gyroscopic effect due to rotary engine). Undoubtedly the two best WW1 FSX addons that exist. I'll probably fly both of them more often from now on... probably from Caffier's base (WW2 grass landing ground addon, but due to it's appearance and location on the countryside near Calais perfect for WW1 planes as well).

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Thanks for sharing your opinions and letting us know that you are enjoying the patch!

Lucas

narah
Airman

Post by narah »

The update eliminates the "no gun" model? is this correct?
Great airplane anyway, thanks.
best regards
Thomas

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Good catch, Thomas, thank you!

Please check your PM.

Best regards,
Lucas

Shousa
Senior Airman

Post by Shousa »

Is it possible to get the no-gun model ?

Thanks.

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Sure! I will prepare it later in the evening!

Lucas

Marvis
Airman

Post by Marvis »

Is the no-gun model sometime released...or was forgotten in a missing folder somewhere??? just curious

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

PM sent, Marvis!

Badger85
Airman Basic

Post by Badger85 »

I just got the D.III (Oeffag) today and am loving flying this vintage bird. I'm especially looking forward to the challenges it will pose for dead reckoning navigation practice.

Would I also be able to have the no-gun version of the D.III PMed to me, please?

Thank you!
Cheers,
Alex "Badger85"

Check out my aviation-related video channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlexsFlyingClub/

binarkansas
Airman

Post by binarkansas »

I too, just purchased the Albatross. I too, would like the nogun model to show up in 1.1. Can this be done? I've also sent a p.m.

Lucas, thanks for such a great little model.

Barry

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

PM sent. Sorry, we forgot to include the no-gun model in the 1.1 patch file.
Glad that you like it!

Lucas

George M
Airman Basic

Post by George M »

Can I also get a copy of the 1.1 no-gun model? It's still not included in the 1.1 patch.

Thanks,
George

simonflight
Airman First Class

Post by simonflight »

Hi Lucas,

Can I join the queue for a copy of the no gun version please ?

Many thanks
Simon

new reply

Return to “Albatros D.III (Oeffag)”