Finished repaints

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Re: Finished repaints

Post by Adam_NZ »

Jason407 wrote:WOW, Outstanding, this is truly artistry at work.
Thank you, Sir! Next time you go flying at Ardmore ... take your camera with you. I'm not too sure what the bottom stripe and rego colour is. Looks like a very dark navy blue - but could even be a very dark green. Hard to say from the reference pics I found via Google - as the time of day/lighting affects the pics so much.

Adam.

Upload link: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/fil ... 172-zk-tav
--
Image--Image

Jason407
Senior Airman

Post by Jason407 »

Awesome, can't wait for it to go live.

It's been a very long time since I last flew anything, If I was still flying I would have offered to take you up by now mate :D , I haven't been flying for 11 years, since my son was born, time, money and priorities have all been focused on him, but I am going to start my flying again, as soon as I get and settle into a new job, so hopefully next year I'll be into it again.

I've checked my photos and I don't have any good ones of TAV, I have a lot of TAT and TAU which I think are the same colors, I'll try go up there again today or tomorrow and get some good pics. Are there any in particular you would like, other 172's you've wanted to do maybe? I can try find and photograph them.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Another one from my hangar... and Halfpenny Green's.

Download: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/repain ... G-BFMX.zip

Ian P.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Jason407 wrote:Awesome, can't wait for it to go live.
It went live a day or so ago ... but maybe my link was wrong. Try: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/fil ... 72-zk-tav/

I'll take our photo session conversation back to PM, so we don't clutter the topic with our local ramblings! :wink:

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Jason407
Senior Airman

Post by Jason407 »

That one worked, thanks for that.

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

Venesim wrote:
trucker17 wrote:
Venesim wrote:just finished

Looks great....
Ready For Download

http://venesim.com/?p=4087
Hi Venesim,

Very nice! Would like to download but the link isn't working. Any chance of getting it working?

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

Hi Venesim,

I just did a search and found your post with your updated links, so all sorted now thanks.

Love your work!

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Another Ardmore Flying School variant:

The download link is live at: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/fil ... 72-zk-tap/.

To see the rest of my repaints, go here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app= ... &mid=11609.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Many thanks for spending so much time repainting the C172 Adam and of course all of our regular repainters. Great job and many thanks for your continued efforts

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Many thanks for spending so much time repainting the C172 Adam and of course all of our regular repainters. Great job and many thanks for your continued efforts
I suppose we all get reflective around Christmas/New Year - so I'll stay in tradition and thank everyone at A2A for making my ancient system and FSX perform such magic. Though I love the A2A Warbirds, I spend a lot of time just trundling around the FSX world in my trusty C172.

With respect to the paintkits though - it's a lesson for all developers. Release a decent paintkit and you'll get decent liveries flooding in. Hopefully, these repaints help prospective buyers to come off that fence!

The C172 paintkit is great to work with. The external model has just one massive texture so there's no hunting around wondering what bit relates to what. Loads of layers - but they're all logically laid out. If you follow the layers methodology properly (in true Photoshop fashion) you can reduce the time it takes to do additional variants quite substantially.

My Christmas wish for Santa? An A2A DC-3!!! The all-time aviation classic so tragically mis-represented in FSX. If ever there was a single aircraft crying out for Accusim, it has to be the DC-3. Go on .. you know you want to!!! LOL!

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Jason407
Senior Airman

Post by Jason407 »

Adam, you've gone and blown me away again with TAP.

Thanks again for my personalized JSK and all of the other fantastic repaints you've done.

I want to wish you and everyone else on these forums a Merry Christmas and a happy, safe and very prosperous new year.

Rgds
Jason

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I saw a TV program the other day about restoring a Fairey Swordfish to flight and was intrigued to see the livery was very familiar. So intrigued that I decided to apply it to the C172. Not very realistic, but I just had to do it. :P

Should I upload it? Or is it taking it too far perhaps? Either way, it's going in my hanger, oh yus! :wink:
Last edited by bladerunner900 on 14 Jul 2017, 18:06, edited 4 times in total.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

bladerunner900 wrote:I saw a TV program the other day about restoring a Fairey Swordfish to flight and was intrigued to see the liver was very familiar. So intrigued that I decided to apply it to the C172. Not very realistic, but I just had to do it. :P

Should I upload it? Or is it taking it too far perhaps? Either way, it's going in my hanger, oh yus! :wink:
Nothing like a bit of fun!

That Swordfish documentary sounds great. Such an amazing aircraft.

I've just visited your repaints site. Wow - how could I have missed them?? Grabbed a few Spits while I was there - much appreciated.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Thanks Adam. Yes, warbirds are my favourite, the Spitfire in particular. I'll probably upload that 172 paint up at Avsim tommorow. I'll put it on my site as well.

Cheers.

Steve

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I think its your Duty to release that awesome paint Steve! 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”