Maintenance Items

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
grahamban
Airman Basic

Maintenance Items

Post by grahamban »

Good day
Have to say I love the A2A C172. As a matter of fact I am now in a Round the World flight with it having left Barbados on April 25th and now in Hiraklion Greece. Next stop Cairo.
I try to keep it realistic and only take it into the hangar for the 25 hour or 100 hour checks as required. All other times its my eye that tries to see any potential issues.
I would like to know...
Is there a list of potential issues that can actually occur on the aircraft?

On a sector recently on landing I did the 25 hour check and changed oil and filter. IN the Notes it spoke of Nav Cats Whiskers being repaired and that I should do a more thorough pre flight.
Would be nice to know exactly what to look for/
Is there anywhere something that can shoe me for example what the Good aileron linkages look like as opposed to a partially worn out one/ etc etc?
Thanks for a great aircraft.
Would love if you could do a Jetstream 41 some day
Stay safe

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Maintenance Items

Post by Scott - A2A »

We wouldn't want to publish such a list as that could very easily limit the experience. But rather use the forum to ask and you will get answers that can both be applied to the real airplane and the accusim one. Just think about everything you look at and what it is. For example, an aileron hinge. There is a wire that is pushed through the hinge keeping both hinges meshed together. If this wire breaks you will see that it's missing and the hinge itself will not be perfectly centered.

Actuators have bolts with nuts that serve like a bearing for rotation. So here you are looking to confirm there is in fact both a bolt and a nut are present. If you, for example, find the nut or bolt is missing, that's a problem. For flap rails (172/182), look for any bare metal areas along the rail that would indicate scoring and wear. The flap would also be loose when you check it. And so on.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”