One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
BlinkNFG
Airman Basic

Where to buy?

Post by BlinkNFG »

Hi,

I hope you can help me.

I am interested in the C172 trainer. I have no objection to paying the price on your website (happy to pay a premium for quality products).

However at the same time I cannot justify paying that price if what appears to be the same product is available for less elsewhere. Another (reputable) website sells what is described as the 'A2A Simulations Cessna 172 with Accu-Sim' for a significantly cheaper price (at least to me in the UK). Are they offering the same product? If they are the same is there any disadvantage (for example in access to support or product updates) from purchasing from that website instead of direct from you?

Many thanks

Jon

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Where to buy?

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi Jon

Welcome to the forum
Are you sure you looked at the same product? The C172 is available for two simulators and in P3D you have several different licence options, all of them at a different price
If you purchase directly at :a2a: you’ll get a discount for future purchases. Major updates are released to customers at the :a2a: shop before they go out to other sites
I’ve bought almost all of my :a2a: aircraft here, except a few that was on sale elsewhere
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

BlinkNFG
Airman Basic

Post by BlinkNFG »

Hi,

Thank you very much for the welcome.

Both are definitely for the same simulator/licence - P3D Academic licence. I assume they are the same product but happy to be corrected.

https://www.justflight.com/product/a2a- ... im-for-p3d is the link (assuming I am allowed to post it)

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

BlinkNFG wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 06:59 Hi,

Thank you very much for the welcome.

Both are definitely for the same simulator/licence - P3D Academic licence. I assume they are the same product but happy to be corrected.

https://www.justflight.com/product/a2a- ... im-for-p3d is the link (assuming I am allowed to post it)
Good morning. I just went to Just Flight and it's up for the same price. $49.99 for Academic. :? Any way I buy all A2A aircraft from A2A because I have seen a lot of people needing help and the seller they bought from disappears. I know Just Flight will be around but you never know. Plus all benefits Tomas said. Like updates for P3Dv5 came to A2A customers first then 3rd party. :)
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

BlinkNFG
Airman Basic

Post by BlinkNFG »

I think it must be an exchange rate issue. It is listed (for me in the UK) at £32.99 where as buying from A2A at $49.99 works out at around 20% more at today's exchange rate.

The fact you see it at the same USD price at least reassures me it is the same product.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jon and welcome,

Yes, Just Flight is one of our authorised retailers and it looks like because of the current weakness of the Sterling against the US Dollar, it's a cheaper option for UK based purchasers. Wherever you purchase from you'll still be able to access updates as described here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BlinkNFG
Airman Basic

Post by BlinkNFG »

Hi,

Many thanks for clarifying - I'll purchase from Just Flight then

Jon

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”