C172 pitch up

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
jinyong.pan
Airman

C172 pitch up

Post by jinyong.pan »

Hello,

I guess i have 2 questions for this post.

1, A general question for FSX. I recently bought a new desktop. Alienware Aurora R9 with Geforce RTX 2080 Super. It seems FSX doesn't support the video card. Is there anything i need to re configure in FSX or shall i call dell?

2, After tweaking here and there. I guess i just got lost. Now the A2A C172 trainer suddenly wants to pitch up all the time. I had to push the yoke down really hard to keep the nose level. The default C172 is working fine.

Thanks
John

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: C172 pitch up

Post by ratty »

On the pitching up, the first thing I'd check is the elevator trim setting. It's a persistent aircraft, so if you park it with the trim set nose up, it'll still be that way the next time you load it. As to the card compatibility, I can't say. Is this FSX box or FSX: Steam Edition?

jinyong.pan
Airman

Post by jinyong.pan »

i checked the trim. it was at take off position.

I think the worst case scenario is to wipe off everything and reinstall FSX.

Thanks
John

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

At a take off trim setting and full power, the plane will lift off by itself and pitch up aggresively on its own. You'll need to push down and retrim for nose down, until you don't have to push. Also check if you are updated (both the sim and the plane), check your realism settings, check for any doubled control assignments/spiking and check sensitivity settings for your controls- full sens, small null zones. If you made any mods to the plane or sim files, tell us. Also read the manual, if you haven't yet, to be safe.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi John,

With regards to your RTX 2080 Super I'd be very surprised if there are compatibility issues with the disk version of FSX which I guess is the version you're using? I have the Steam version of FSX installed and it works fine with my RTX 2070 Super. What issue are you seeing exactly?

As for the pitching up issue, have you checked that the trim control surface is working properly in the maintenance hangar? Make sure there's no red text indicating a broken trimmer back on the tail.

If you're using the default prop in the 172 it definitely shouldn't pitch up sharply on its own at rotation speed with trim in the neutral position. However, if you've selected the optional, higher-revving 76" 60° "S equivalent" prop in the maintenance hangar, a pitch up is to be expected (this may be how Caldemeyn's 172 is configured). In this case, a touch more nose down trim prior to take-off should help to alleviate the forward yoke pressure needed on climb out.

One last thing. If you've got a new FSX installation on a new machine, please don't forget to run the Accu-Sim update which can be downloaded here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jinyong.pan
Airman

Post by jinyong.pan »

Hi Nick

Called Dell support. Problem solved. It's the setup in FSX. Have to check Direct X box. It's off by default. But i never had any problems with this on previous installations.

i will check the prop. I trimmed all the way up but still couldn't keep the plane level. had to push the yoke.

Thanks
John

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Are there any other controls assigned to the elevator.
A new PC and sim install means a lot of settings are turned on by default. You dont list the controls you use but go through the list and remove an duplicates which are not required for each controller.
Cheers
Trev

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”