Updated avionics integrations (G5 / GTN / GFC500)!

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
jda
Airman Basic

Updated avionics integrations (G5 / GTN / GFC500)!

Post by jda »

Hi team,

Really just a suggestion, but I would love to see the ability to configure the 172 with more modern avionics. I'm not talking G1000, but we're really starting to see a lot of 172s being updated to more capable avionics. It seems like the most popular update is to go with a dual G5 PFD + HSI (the Siminnovation G5 already works pretty well in Air Manager so it would be awesome to see it in P3D / in the VC), a GTN navigator (already there thanks to F1 / RXP), and a GFC500 (that's probably the missing piece and I imagine A/Ps are probably hard if not impossible to integrate from a third party, but it really makes the 172 an awesome IR trainer with airliner capabilities, FlightChops has a great video of a 182 with this panel). I would love to see this very popular configuration being available in the A2A 172 as it's becoming a very popular configuration for 172S/R/N/M/Ps all over the country!

Thank you for taking a minute to read me!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Updated avionics integrations (G5 / GTN / GFC500)!

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi jda and welcome.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid we've no immediate plans to add further modern avionics options to the 172. This isn't because of a lack of appetite on A2A's part to further develop the product, but simply because the team have their hands more than full with other projects at present.

That doesn't mean to see you'll never see further avionics options in the 172 or other A2A aircraft, just not any time soon.

Thanks
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Rbisiker
Airman Basic

Re: Updated avionics integrations (G5 / GTN / GFC500)!

Post by Rbisiker »

Likewise to add weight to this Request. my aircraft has the g5 pfd and hsi setup and i would really value the opportunity to practice ifr into complex airports to build familiarity. Hope you will then make available to the Comanche 250 of course. Dashboard photo of the real thing...
04E95E5D-D8AD-4421-BF5D-DAD620A511EE.jpeg
04E95E5D-D8AD-4421-BF5D-DAD620A511EE.jpeg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 5833 times
:D

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”