C172 lua script for Honeycomb Bravo support in FSUIPC 6 (tested in P3D V5.1 HF 1 only)

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
dromer1967
Airman

C172 lua script for Honeycomb Bravo support in FSUIPC 6 (tested in P3D V5.1 HF 1 only)

Post by dromer1967 »

I was looking for a while to find some support for the Honeycomb Bravo with the 172 trainer but had little to no luck so far.

I tried the Honeycomb configurator program and made a start configuring the Bravo for use with the 172 ... but found the program not to be very user friendly :lol:

Also, although I did not do extensive testing, it seemed that it made my P3D installation somewhat unstable. About half of the time I switched to the 172 aircraft, P3D froze up on me and I could restart everything (which takes a while when you have true earth scenery). Since I had no trouble before that I suspect it is caused by the configurator software.

I also looked at SPAD.next but could not find out how I could control the LEDs with it (and that was/is my main goal).

So in the end, and since I am using FSUIPC anyway, I decided to write a lua script to support the Bravo with the C172. It's still a work very much in progress and at the moment only the following is supported:
  • Annunciator lights
  • Support for Bravo buttons > 32 (which fsuipc doesn't have by default)
I believe all annunciator LEDs, relevant to the C172, work with two custom additions of my own:
  • Master Caution light is on as long as the oil temperature (L:Eng1_OilTemp) < 38 (degrees celcius)
  • Master Warning light is on when either the oil temperature > 118 (degrees celcius), the oil pressure (L:Eng1_OilPressure) > 115 (psi) or CHT (L:Eng1_CHT) > 232 (degrees celcius)
My intention is to support the autopilot lights also, and perhaps some of the (autopilot) buttons as well. But I am still working on that.

In case there are other mortals out there who are interested in my humble attempts I am sharing my work on github. However be advised on the following:
  • I think in fsuipc lua only works when you have a registered version of fsuipc.
  • I only tested the script with FSUIPC (6) in Prepar3D V5.1 HF1. If you use other versions of fsuipc or the flight simulator platform you should see for yourself if it works or not
Anyway if you want and are interested you can find it at https://github.com/dromer1967/flight-si ... mb%20Bravo

I hope that perhaps others than I have fun with it also :)

dromer1967
Airman

Re: C172 lua script for Honeycomb Bravo support in FSUIPC 6 (tested in P3D V5.1 HF 1 only)

Post by dromer1967 »

Update to release 0.2 with partial support for Auto Pilot. The buttons work but most LEDs do not because unfortunately there is no state available for the A2A 172 auto pilot.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 lua script for Honeycomb Bravo support in FSUIPC 6 (tested in P3D V5.1 HF 1 only)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cheeky little Bump for the HoneyComb users, thanks so much for posting here on the forums dromer1967!

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Thanks Dromer1967, this is exactly what I was looking. Your absolutely right, the software that comes with it is brutal to say the least... I’ll try put your set up and let you know how I make out.

Thanks,
Mike

dromer1967
Airman

Post by dromer1967 »

Mikenor wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 17:53 Thanks Dromer1967, this is exactly what I was looking. Your absolutely right, the software that comes with it is brutal to say the least... I’ll try put your set up and let you know how I make out.

Thanks,
Mike
I hope it works for you as well, Mike. I'm quite content with how it operates now.

dromer1967
Airman

Post by dromer1967 »

Updated to release 0.4 to include the autopilot status leds. Please note that this only works with the updated C172.dll from viewtopic.php?f=108&t=72312

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”