Saitek Switch Panel BAT and ALT switches

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
André
Airman First Class

Re: Saitek Switch Panel BAT and ALT switches

Post by André »

TarikMerryface wrote:Thanks a lot!
Peter really hates Saitek (you all know why) and so that doesn't really help.
Any clues on how to sort out the lights thing?
Uninstall saitekpanels since support is hopeless. Install SPAD.
- After I switched driver it has not failed(stop responding error) once.
Shousa wrote:Hi all. I haven't purchased this one yet.
I would like to know simply if by using SPAD I would be able to use all the switches and knobs of these panels ????
1) Saitek Multi-Panel - particularly trimming and flaps (does the A2A one come with auto pilot? - I would love that)
2) Saitek Switch Panel - all
3) Saitek Instument Panel
I have them all. And they work just fine. One thing to mention though is that I can figure out how to increase the ALT by 100ft. I can only change from 1500 to 2500, or 1000 to 2000 each time I use the ALT rotary knob. May be just me not knowing the AP enough :p

yair1956
Airman

Post by yair1956 »

..... how do I remove all Saitek's drivers from my system, and installing SPAD dose it worth all the hassle if only the Bat & Alt is the issue ????

Cheers
Yair

André
Airman First Class

Post by André »

Add and/remove programs in control panel ( or Ccleaner app to make it easier )

To answer your question, yes, if it does not work using the c172 input configurator SPAD is the way. At least that's what I did. The only thing that does not work properly is the VS on the multi panel.

fleahead
Airman

Post by fleahead »

SPAD is fantastic. Why wouldn't Saitek have supplied this themselves?
Fleahead
Ohio
MSFS
i7-12700 - RTX4080 - Pimax Crystal

yair1956
Airman

Post by yair1956 »

..does SPAD take care of the Switch Panel, or the other Saitek's Modules too ???

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

spad does not work

edgard
Airman Basic

Post by edgard »

Hello,

With SPAD the Saitek panels work ok. I did not bother to remove the SAITEK drivers. Seems not needed.

However as mentioned earlier, the ALT cannot go up by 100 feet and jumps from for instance 2000 to 2100 and then to 3000.

I tried to replace with keystrokes but it makes no difference.

This only happens with the C172 from A2A. If I load another plane, it moves by steps of 100 feet ok.

Any idea?

Edgard

Mithras
Airman First Class

Post by Mithras »

I have the same problem. I tried SPAD but could not get the keyboard emulator part to work at all, the input box was filled with '???' and wouldn't accept entries.

I have some other switches, and have turned one of those into a Master Switch through FSX keyboard assignment. However, i cannot start the Accusim trainer using my switch set-up.

Mixture, touch of throttle, Master (batt and alt) on, avionics, beacon light, fuel pump ... Press Starter 1, it turns but does not start the prop. Wonder why? I have to reach for the mouse to twist the key....

:(

n122vu
Airman Basic

Post by n122vu »

Mithras wrote:I have the same problem. I tried SPAD but could not get the keyboard emulator part to work at all, the input box was filled with '???' and wouldn't accept entries.

I have some other switches, and have turned one of those into a Master Switch through FSX keyboard assignment. However, i cannot start the Accusim trainer using my switch set-up.

Mixture, touch of throttle, Master (batt and alt) on, avionics, beacon light, fuel pump ... Press Starter 1, it turns but does not start the prop. Wonder why? I have to reach for the mouse to twist the key....

Just double-checking/troubleshooting, but are you setting the key in the VC to "BOTH" before you hit Starter 1? If I understand correctly, you'd still have to turn the magnetos on with the key, as this full sequence likely isn't mapped in the Starter 1 switch.

Hope this helps,
n122vu

Mithras
Airman First Class

Post by Mithras »

n122vu wrote:
Mithras wrote:I have the same problem. I tried SPAD but could not get the keyboard emulator part to work at all, the input box was filled with '???' and wouldn't accept entries.

Just double-checking/troubleshooting, but are you setting the key in the VC to "BOTH" before you hit Starter 1? If I understand correctly, you'd still have to turn the magnetos on with the key, as this full sequence likely isn't mapped in the Starter 1 switch.

Hope this helps,
n122vu
I will try this tomorrow!

bcrawley57
Airman

Post by bcrawley57 »

I hope I am not being thick here, but mine lists Saitek Yoke and not the thrust master, am I missing something?

VHDBB
Airman Basic

Post by VHDBB »

Thank you for this help had this trouble

Shousa
Senior Airman

Post by Shousa »

I would like to point out a few things in one place to help others about this.

My understanding at this point is:
- you can remove the Saitek drivers for the Panels without affecting the Instrument panel screen (from memory the Instrument panel one is called sd6 or something)
- then after installing SPAD you need to make a profile specifically for the A2A Cessna
- in SPAD you then choose an aircraft you have loaded up and double-click it to use the profile
- if your Instrument panel has been setup with "engine gauges" (eg RPM et al) then these will not work at all but altimeter, vertical speed, speed and directional gyro WILL WORK.
- I could not get the damn thing to start even so - on the Saitek Switch Panel you can select both mags but don't bother using it to start the plane, it will rarely work, use the keys in the cockpit itself (unless someone has worked a way around this it only clicks once it doesn't hold).
- if you select cold and dark from the pop-up you will need to adjust taxi and nav (maybe something else) switches to match the switch panel.

I use this one btw - avsim

superfly
Airman Basic

Post by superfly »

I have downloaded SPAD and set up a profile for the c- 172 as shown above. But when I start FSX , still the same problems. No response from Alt. Switch and the ADF knob. Is there somewhere in the Fsx Settings where I select the SPAD profile? How do I get FSX to recognize the SPAD profile?

Demious
Airman First Class

Post by Demious »

Also having some trouble with SPAD entries in the Keyboard emulation boxes. When I use a single letter, or SHIFT with a letter, things work fine, but when I try CTRL with a letter, I dont get letters but symbols and those wont work. How did other people get letters with the CTRL-function?

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”