Cockpit Builders - Helpful control listings + cockpit view

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
jmann
Airman First Class

Home made Trim Wheel using Hall Sensor. Real C172 Pedestal

Post by jmann »

My real C172R Pedestal is near completion. The real trim wheel functions perfectly now that I made a stop block to keep the Hamlin 55300 360 degree hall sensor from flipping the axis.

See pics below to see my progress

Pedestal: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oca9vsjylhqxf ... l.jpg?dl=0

Trim Wheel and Hall Sensor mount: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nf0uu37ur10d8 ... 1.jpg?dl=0 , https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwgp93s0etxww ... 2.jpg?dl=0

All that is left now is to make a pedestal light shroud and install a couple leds so I can wire them to my lighting system so I can illuminate the fuel selector in the dark and install a Telex 100 mic for aesthetics. Plus add a couple usb ports so I can use my ipad and thumb drive!

Hamlin 55300 http://www.digikey.com/product-search/e ... 00-00-02-A

terrydew
Airman First Class

Re: Cockpit Builders - Helpful control listings + cockpit vi

Post by terrydew »

I am trying to program a goflight module for the autopilot functions. I have assigned keyboard keys to each of the AP functions listed in the c172 configuration program. I then program switches in the goflight module to send those key presses. Everything works but I need variables to use for led lights for each switch ie the variable is 1 when the function is switched on and 0 when off.

In particular the nav, apr, and rev buttons. In the lvar list it would appear that the lvar lkap140nav_bool would do it but it doesn't work? Is there another I can use?

LNRalph
Airman Basic

Post by LNRalph »

Any plans yet for putting the KAP140 data into LVAR's?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

LNRalph wrote:Any plans yet for putting the KAP140 data into LVAR's?
What specifically are you trying to do? Perhaps best to start a new thread if you have a particular request/question.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

shadyowl2
Airman

Post by shadyowl2 »

LNRalph wrote:Any plans yet for putting the KAP140 data into LVAR's?

Is this what you are looking for?

KAP 140 Autopilot unit:

Code: Select all

AP button - (L:kap140_ap_button,bool), also set (L:kap140_ap,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
HDG button - (L:kap140_hdg_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_hdg,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
NAV button - (L:kap140_nav_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_nav,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
APR button - (L:kap140_apr_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_apr,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
REV button - (L:kap140_rev_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_rev,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
ALT button - (L:kap140_alt_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_alt,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
UP button - (L:kap140_up_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_up,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
DN button - (L:kap140_dn_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_dn,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
ARM button - (L:kap140_arm_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_arm,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
BARO button - (L:kap140_baro_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_baro,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
AP inner knob - (L:kap140_InnerKnob,percent) (range: 0 – 100)
AP outer knob - (L:kap140_OuterKnob,percent) (range: 0 – 100)
Here is the complete Lvar's list link
http://www.a2asimulations.com/Cockpitbu ... 20list.pdf

LNRalph
Airman Basic

Post by LNRalph »

@ Nick M: I want to make an Air Manager instrument, so it's possible to run it remote from the sim and have touch enabled.
@ shadyowl2: Those are the button variables, I need the variables like the altitude, barometric setting, etc...

shadyowl2
Airman

Post by shadyowl2 »

Ralph,
Have you checked out there lvar pdf http://www.a2asimulations.com/Cockpitbu ... 20list.pdf ? They should all be listed in that file, if not your going to have to use Linda and trace them is the only way that I know of to find them if not listed.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ralph - using FSUIPC, I made a full list of L:Vars a while ago (lots more than are in the A2A PDF). It may contain at least some of what you're looking for, for instance a quick search for "autopilot" returned L:Vars such as "L:AutopilotAltAlerter" which is presumably the altitude displayed on screen and "L:AutopilotUseMilibars". Note sure what else is buried away in there, and I guess it's possible some of the variable used are default FSX offsets such as the "autopilot vertical speed value", 07F2, though the KAP 140 may be programmed entirely with custom L:Vars for all I know...

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

LNRalph
Airman Basic

Post by LNRalph »

Thanks guys, I will give it a try with Linda.

LNRalph
Airman Basic

Post by LNRalph »

No luck with Linda either. But we found a way to publish all LVAR's in a list, hopefully I can find a useful LVAR in that list.

LNRalph
Airman Basic

Post by LNRalph »

Another question... I'm looking at the LVAR L:FSelC172State, which should return 0 – left, 1 – both, 2 – right.
But what it actually does, and I have this confirmed with Air Manager and Linda, at left it returns 1, right returns 2, and both keeps switching between 1 and 2, so it's constantly 1, 2, 1, 2, etc...
Am I doing something wrong here or is the LVAR returning a wrong state somehow?
I subscribed as an ENUM, but that doen's work, subscribing as a DOUBLE works. That's also a bit strange...

LNRalph
Airman Basic

Post by LNRalph »

My bad, I was subscribing to L:Eng1_FuelSelector. Never mind!

freddehboy
Airman Basic

Post by freddehboy »

Lewis - A2A wrote:For cockpit builders and advanced hardware users Only!

LVar control listing

Here is the list of LVar controls for cockpitbuilders and advanced users to aid in the mapping of the custom controls;
http://www.a2asimulations.com/Cockpitbu ... 20list.pdf

Extra commands thanks to 'Gypsy Baron'
"FSUIPC4...assign a button/switch temporarily to "List Local Panel Variables". Press the button and the
L:Vars for the current aircraft will get dumped into the FSUIPC4.log file.
"
Hi

I am trying mapping lVars value in LINDA for the Cessna, I have creat a new function for the module Nav1Stb

"function A172_Nav1Stb ()

_RADIO_NAV1_STB ()
ipc.writeLvar('Nav1StbySwitch', 1)

end
"

I have tried useing the lVars value for the command but it do not work, are you able to help or someonelse?

I also have fsuipc if that will be much easier?

Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel I74 4820k, Asus X79-Deluxe, 16GB RAM and Asus GTX1080
Game control: Razer Nostromo, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S.

DeanKinch198
Airman Basic

Re: Cockpit Builders - Helpful control listings + cockpit view

Post by DeanKinch198 »

Anyone else had any issues with the XPDR LVAR commands?

Iv setup a macro for the full XPDR controls, everything works and in the sim all buttons are being pressed. The full 5 position dial, VFR, CLR, IDT and all the digits. Using FSUIPC to connect my hardware to, when i click my buttons and turn the 5 position switch EVERYTHING triggers within the sim. I physically see the buttons indent. The transponder screen also confirms the action.

However, NONE of the digits actually work. The buttons go in and out on the screen, but no number is set on the transponder screen at all. If i click the same button with the mouse, the button DOESN'T go in, but the digit is set.
Anyone have any ideas whats going on and how i could fix this?

All updates are applied etc but still no luck

GioFly
Airman Basic

Re: Cockpit Builders - Helpful control listings + cockpit view

Post by GioFly »

Hi guys! I have a home cockpit build C172, it's basically using a Flightillusion Gauges & Radios setup. I'm currently running it only on XP11. One of the reasons that i avoided P3d up to this time was that i have been told that there is an incompatibility of connecting the hardware setup with A2A's C172. :(
I'm reading through the forum, trying to understand if the full integration of my hardware is feasible with A2A c172 & C182 , but unfortunately couldn't find the answer myself. I can see that there is a Variable list of commands that maybe can work it out.
If anyone have any experience with the mater please let me know, as I'm looking forward on running the sim on P3d as well with the A2A software.

Gauges, Radios = Flight Illusion
Annunciation panel = Simkits
Rudders = Simkits
Yokes = Brunner

Thanks !!!
https://www.facebook.com/GioFlySXGIO

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”