LVar for Flood Light

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
mathurpc
Airman First Class

LVar for Flood Light

Post by mathurpc »

Can somebody please tell me which LVar is used to represent "Flood Light 1" in Cessna C172? I am trying to create the profile in SpadNext. I could figure out Flood Light 2 but not Flood Light 1.

Also, I would also like to know the LVar for the cabin lights (both white and red) for Piper Cherooke and Piper Comanche.

Pramod

shadyowl2
Airman

Re: LVar for Flood Light

Post by shadyowl2 »

Comanche
L:CabinFlood1LightSwitch,bool (front white dome light)
L:CabinFlood2LightSwithc,bool (rear white dome light)
L:CabinRedLightSwitch,bool (red dome light)

Cherokee
L:CabinLightSwitch,bool (white dome light)

mathurpc
Airman First Class

Post by mathurpc »

shadyowl2 wrote:Comanche

Cherokee
Thanks, that worked for Comanche and Cherooke. But what about C172 Trainer? Currently I am using simconnect variable "LightCabin" and that acts on floodlight2 only. I tried to use CabinFlood1LightSwitch and CabinFlood2LightSwitch and that did not work with C172.

Pramod

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Pramod,

I'm not able to check at the moment, but I believe the FSX logo light function is used for one of the cabin lights (in the C182T at least). Please see this post for more info.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

mathurpc
Airman First Class

Post by mathurpc »

Nick M wrote:Hi Pramod,

I'm not able to check at the moment, but I believe the FSX logo light function is used for one of the cabin lights (in the C182T at least). Please see this post for more info.

Cheers,
Nick
The LogoLight acts on both Flood1Light and Flood2Light. I am looking for activating only Flood1Light.

shadyowl2
Airman

Post by shadyowl2 »

mathurpc wrote:
shadyowl2 wrote:Comanche

Cherokee
Thanks, that worked for Comanche and Cherooke. But what about C172 Trainer? Currently I am using simconnect variable "LightCabin" and that acts on floodlight2 only. I tried to use CabinFlood1LightSwitch and CabinFlood2LightSwitch and that did not work with C172.

Pramod
The 172 does not use lvars for the cabin lights. They are controlled by the panel light on and off within fsx in my case shift +L turns on 1 light repeat and turns on both and repeat again turns them off. What you are trying to use has no impact on the aircraft. I use linda for all of my aircraft and they have premade modules here which is better than spad next in my opinion.. You can go here for there modules http://www.avsim.com/forum/427-linda-downloads/

shadyowl2
Airman

Post by shadyowl2 »

:(

OGfishm0nger
Airman

Post by OGfishm0nger »

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I've been trying to figure out this very issue while setting up my Honeycomb. I was originally hoping I could set two of the rocker switches on the Bravo to the cabin lights, 1 for each light.

Following Nick's link above to a similar thread in the 182 forum I was able to figure out the following:
  • TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS will turn Flood Light 2 on then off
  • TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS will turn both Floods on (or if #2 is on then it will just turn #1 on), but will only turn Flood 1 off on the second toggle
  • PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE works as a 3-way switch, first turning Flood 2 on, then both on, then both off (works great if using a button, not so much if using a rocker switch)
As it turns out, the lighting effects produced by either Flood on its own is identical to the other, so having either one of them on is akin to "dim cabin lights" and both on to "bright cabin lights."

I was able to figure out a way to turn both Floods on then off with one rocker switch, turning them on by using TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS then TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS, turning them off in reverse order*. This is the solution I am going with for myself and honestly am perfectly happy with (who wants dim lights anyway?). If I had a spare button to use I would probably go with the PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE option as that seems to be the best.

That said, it seems that since I can push the button for Flood 1 in the VC and turn that one on and off without affecting Flood 2 there must be some LVar or P3D Event that can perform the same function. I've tried as many different lighting toggle events as I could think of and no luck. If someone could satisfy this cat's curiosity it would be appreciated. :lol:

*EDIT: After further experimentation it doesn't appear to matter which order you use, or possibly the Honeycomb just toggles them simultaneously.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”