L VAC R, avionics failure after start, C172 can't move.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Ryan27679
Airman Basic

L VAC R, avionics failure after start, C172 can't move.

Post by Ryan27679 »

Morning all,

I've just started with the 172, still yet to master starting it properly but had a few flights to figure it all out and love it.

Last night I started it after a bit of a struggle, only to find that I had a total vacuum failure and the radio stack was dead. Since I was offline anyway (and since I have almost no spare time) I figured I'd just do a few visual circuits with no radios and limited gauges, but even with chocks and tie-downs removed and on full throttle, the poor thing refused to budge from where she was parked..

I 'changed vehicle' (P3D) to one of the other versions supplied and it then elected to run and operate as normal.

Could there have been something I'd done wrong during startup that caused these failures? None of the circuit breakers were out and the avionics were off during startup.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: L VAC R, avionics failure after start, C172 can't move.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you had a simconnect failure so the advanced features stopped working. How did you load the flight?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ryan27679
Airman Basic

Post by Ryan27679 »

Thanks for the reply and info.

I'm working my way through all the UK airfields to make use of all the addons I have.. I just save the current state wherever I land and park, and reload it when I begin again.

Hope that makes sense.

Ryan27679
Airman Basic

Post by Ryan27679 »

Come to think of it - I often put the PC to 'sleep' after I've saved it and might have attempted it from 'waking'.

My spare time is very sparse and often in very small segments. P3D and FSX before it seems to take an awful long time to load since I put the UK photo scenery aboard so this was an attempt at cutting that time down.

Wonder if that might affect it? Mobiflight which I use to run my little hardware panel seems to fail after waking so simconnect may do as well.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

yes could be, so long as you first load a default platform aircraft you should be good.

thanks,
Lewis

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I recently had the VAC failure as well. I didn't try moving the aircraft though. Hangar didn't show any problems, clicking on the green vacuum system button didn't change anything, an overhaul didn't fix the problem. I had a failure earlier with the Cub where the engine smoked and wouldn't produce power. An overhaul didn't fix that one either.

My best guess is that I had a different flight loaded as default, not with a default aircraft, then loaded the 172 or Cub flights and had the above problems. I seldom load a flight then change aircraft, but that might have caused the issues.

I have seen evidence that the flight sim is caching data somewhere and the only way to clear this is to reboot the computer. For example, it takes somewhat longer to start the sim after a reboot than it does to restart it a subsequent time. It may be caching data that we would prefer it did not and this is affecting our aircraft. So, if nothing else works, reboot your computer and try again.

Hook

Ryan27679
Airman Basic

Post by Ryan27679 »

Thanks for the responses guys, I'll hopefully get some time at it tonight and check it out. Changing the vehicle to another A2A C172 seemed to reset the problem that time.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Let us know how you get on. The sim re-loading will slowly be corrupting every time you do it, so remember there is a finite number of times you can do it, often way under double digits, before you have to exit the flight back to the main GUI and load back in that way.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Ryan27679
Airman Basic

Post by Ryan27679 »

Hi, yeah I'm reloading the flight now each time and it's working fine.

A very different beast to fly than the FSX default 172 thats for sure! Still getting to grips with the autopilot especially, but not looking forward to learning how to write LUA scripts for some of these functions to make it work with my panel!

AustinLonghorn
Airman Basic

Post by AustinLonghorn »

P3Dv5.1HF2 user here.

This looked like a good thread to tag on to, and I've been running into this problem for quite a while (follow checklist, start engine, end up with vacuum failures and no avionics - have to resort to auto-start with CTRL-E). Everything works just fine after the auto-start for the rest of the flight.

I'm saving the A2A C172 as the default scenario in P3Dv5 to keep my various RealSimGear screens in the correct position, etc. What's the right way to load a default FSX/P3D aircraft and then switch to the A2A C172 while maintaining various monitor/screen positions for add-on hardware?

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”