Aircraft won't move forward when advancing throttle in P3Dv4.4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
fmorgenstern
Airman Basic

Aircraft won't move forward when advancing throttle in P3Dv4.4

Post by fmorgenstern »

Hi. I am baffled by a problem whereby the aircraft (Comanche, C172, C182, and Cherokee) won't move forward when advancing the throttle. Level ground, no chocks, prop. not feathered, etc. The engine starts and warms up normally (from dark & cold). I am able to move the aircraft forward only when I press CTRL-E. I am using P3Dv4.4, all the aircraft seem to be properly installed and the new P3Dv4 "Check for Updates" menu functions are working normally (from the Windows 10 applications menu). I would be grateful for any ideas. Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Aircraft won't move forward when advancing throttle in P3Dv4.4

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi fmorgenstern,

Is this a new installation of the aircraft in P3Dv4, or has the problem only recently arisen?

If it's the latter, do you recall if you made any changes in the sim that coincided with this issue? For example, changing the default flight or installing another add-on?

As regards the default flight, we always recommend that customers use one of default P3Dv4 aircraft for the default flight. For troubleshooting an issue like this, I'd also strongly recommend that you use a default airport scenery rather than third-party add-on scenery.

It may also be worth checking that any hardware brake controls are working as expected. To do this, you could give this little application a try (it should be pretty self-explanatory - just click the "connect to FSX" button when the sim is running) and let us know what percentage figures it reports when you release the toe and parking brakes in P3D.

One other thing to check is that the engine manifold pressure and RPM are as expected during run-up.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”